Who's got the look?

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The gold bars just don’t match anything else on the bike. The silver with black however is wearable. I am so over the “murdered” look add some bling I say.
Renthal is overrated! They couldn’t come up with a shitier shade of gold if they tried!

I had anodised blue Chromag bars, stem spacers and top cap on a previous bike which looked schmick! Noe I just prefer black on black.

safreek

Well fuck, I think this is the record for the most people wrong in one thread on farkin.

Good job guys.
Damn right, only you and I have it down.
I once hit an old bar with gold spray , looked fine as.
You can certainly see most of the old fellas on here are very vanilla.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Renthal bars would look ok on a black bike with black shock and fork stanchions; but if you’ve got Fox Kashima fork, shock or dropper it would look awful!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Renthal bars would look ok on a black bike with black shock and fork stanchions; but if you’ve got Fox Kashima fork, shock or dropper it would look awful!
Hey! I resemble that remark and ragert nothing.

My bike looks sick. EAD guy.

Warp

Likes Dirt
Yeah, not loving the renthals on that bike.
Forgive me for being dense... but should you want to really make things properly make the seatpost or at least the clamp silver.

I should start a thread like this... my new bike is that blue Giant loves so much but it's a bitch to combine properly.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, not loving the renthals on that bike.
Forgive me for being dense... but should you want to really make things properly make the seatpost or at least the clamp silver.

I should start a thread like this... my new bike is that blue Giant loves so much but it's a bitch to combine properly.
If you go blue, green gold or some other colour, you need to get the bits and pieces from the same manufacturer. I had blue chromag stuff which all matched, but then my headset was a different shade. I had a black Giant Anthem a few years back and it had a half dozen shades of gold. Chromag Gold bars, Kashima bronze/gold suspension; gold seat clamp, gold Blackspre chainring and gold chainring bolts. Not one thing was close in shade to another!

Warp

Likes Dirt
If you go blue, green gold or some other colour, you need to get the bits and pieces from the same manufacturer. I had blue chromag stuff which all matched, but then my headset was a different shade. I had a black Giant Anthem a few years back and it had a half dozen shades of gold. Chromag Gold bars, Kashima bronze/gold suspension; gold seat clamp, gold Blackspre chainring and gold chainring bolts. Not one thing was close in shade to another!

Well, eff it. Black everything else it is!
I can't be bothered to combine to that extreme.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
  1. Rule #8 //
    Saddles, bars, and tires shall be carefully matched.3
    Valid options are:
    • Match the saddle to the bars and the tires to black; or
    • Match the bars to the color of the frame at the top of the head tube and the saddle to the color of the frame at the top of the seat tube and the tires to the color where they come closest to the frame; or
    • Match the saddle and the bars to the frame decals; or
    • Black, black, black