New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Other than finally confirming what we already knew that it ‘is’ Glenworth Valley there is nothing in that email that wasn’t already known in the first post or on farcebook.
Now we wait until January......
Yeah I would’ve like a bit more detail. An expected opening day would’ve been nice. Are they gonna shuttle etc???

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like that they`ve done it , but very misleading to say Sydney when it`s the Central Coast ? Having said that will there be an option to camp overnight ?
Agreed. It’s not Sydney don’t care what anyone says but I’m stoked to have yet another place to ride. Is it on private property or council land??

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Other than finally confirming what we already knew that it ‘is’ Glenworth Valley there is nothing in that email that wasn’t already known in the first post or on farcebook.
Now we wait until January......
Welcome to modern hype, sorry "froth", based marketing.

That said, with this being 25 mins from home, I'm froth'n hard.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
With 120km of trails mapped, does that mean 120km of trails are complete & ready to ride?

The press release is a little anbiguous.
I'm tipping they know where they are plonking the trails but are yet to break dirt.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
There’s some trails already in there. The National GE series ran a round there in 2014.

AFAIK its all private land.

Here’s some info from Strava.

run from one of The Burners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'm pretty stoked on the amount of sluething that you guys achieved, my tounge is now mostly scar tissue from all of the biting... obviously there is still heaps of info that we've been asked not too spill yet but I can confirm that they haven't broken ground yet but will start in the new year with a view to have some trails open in Spring 2019.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'm super stoked on this, mega close to home for me and will be a very regular venue once it gets up and running!

I can't see a chairlift actually happening for a 200m MTB only venue. Just the costs to run one, let alone the install, are quite significant.

I'll happily eat my hat though if I'm wrong!

But I've seen the chairlift term thrown about at almost every major MTB launch in recent history (Wollongong, Hobart, Maydena)... Never happened on its own, only in existing ski areas, and even then some shuttle instead of lift (Falls Creek).

You need a lot of bums on seats to make it happen!

I'll get my hat marinating just in case though...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm super stoked on this, mega close to home for me and will be a very regular venue once it gets up and running!

I can't see a chairlift actually happening for a 200m MTB only venue. Just the costs to run one, let alone the install, are quite significant.

But I've seen the chairlift term thrown about at almost every major MTB launch in recent history (Wollongong, Hobart, Maydena)... Never happened on its own, only in existing ski areas, and even then some shuttle instead of lift (Falls Creek).

There is a chair lift at Jamberoo action park that has been there forever. I do wonder if it would be more efficient than a shuttle bus.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

There is one in Christchurch, probably more than 200m there though it's 1.8km long, might not be that much more than 200m elevation, I was thinking in Perth maybe you could have some toboggans and waterslides (realllly long ones) to go with the trails.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I can't imagine a chairlift would be considered. There is a shitload of setup cost, maintenance cost and running costs for a chair lift and the costs linked to it would have to be passed on to someone, probably the user. The nice thing about a shuttle vehicle is they are basically just cars or small buses. They can be bought, sold and repaired easily and there isn't any difficulty finding people who can operate or maintain them. I can't imagine anyone actually going through with setting up a chair lift for MTB primarily even on much higher elevations. It's a cool idea but I think the money can be spent in much better ways. I'm excited to see what happens with these trails.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I know that we've all been hurt before with empty promises but what flavour hat sauce do you prefer?
Don't get me wrong, I'm totally and amazingly stoked that this park exists, as it will be half an hour from home! And I really like the way Synergy build, Adrian and crew are all legends and work tirelessly for the MTB community. I've experienced that directly with the help provided for The Moo, which was all on this own time.

But Chairlifts, even small double-seaters, are bloody expensive. Certainly way more than buses on a 20 minute shuttle route. That said, with only 200M to work with, a chairlift will offer a faster turn-around time as there's no waiting around. I'll put my hand up for liftie work any time - many years experience in Canada means I'm a shoe in ;)

If it comes to it though, a nice woven organic hemp bucket hat will do nicely. I think fried pancake style, with plenty of bacon and maple syrup ;) :D