Whats the best beer you've had & why?

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
A mate told me the capital evil red IPA is really good, I went to buy a 4 pack yesterday but could not bend over far enough to take the $29 price tag. Is capital's beers so good I should just lube up and take it?

Personally enjoying my own homebrew more than most beers I can buy.

One noticeable standout I've recently had on tap at the pumphouse in sydney is feral brewing biggie juice, packs a fruity hop hit and is so quaffable.

https://www.feralbrewing.com.au/beer/biggie-juice/
You can get this capital evil red IPA on tap in Narellan, NSW. Absolutely beautiful

Brow

Big Block
My Mother in Law said she wanted to buy me nice beer for Xmas, she is currently living in England and mentioned Bentspoke (carton of). She and I normally don't see eye to eye and we do get on better from opposite sides of the world, I thought this was a great idea, she must have been looking online or in London bottle shops.
I go looking online, missed all the deadlines for ordering home delivery and can't find any in stock, Dan Murphys and BWS seem to be stockists but none in any stores I can find - bugger!!!!!!!
Anyone know of stock in Brisbane? (google not helping me) I live northside but prepared to travel for free beer.

Cosh

Likes Bikes
My Mother in Law said she wanted to buy me nice beer for Xmas, she is currently living in England and mentioned Bentspoke (carton of). She and I normally don't see eye to eye and we do get on better from opposite sides of the world, I thought this was a great idea, she must have been looking online or in London bottle shops.
I go looking online, missed all the deadlines for ordering home delivery and can't find any in stock, Dan Murphys and BWS seem to be stockists but none in any stores I can find - bugger!!!!!!!
Anyone know of stock in Brisbane? (google not helping me) I live northside but prepared to travel for free beer.
Tried black sheep? They have stores at Everton Hills, Newmarket and the gap and they usually have bentspoke in stock.

Brow

Big Block
Tried black sheep? They have stores at Everton Hills, Newmarket and the gap and they usually have bentspoke in stock.
Thanks Cosh. Nothing on their website but going out tomorrow with kids and will swing past Evertone Hills or Newmarket.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Black Sheep bottle shop. Camelia Ave Everton hills or opposite the Newmarket hotel. Stock a few of the Bent Spoke brews and good guys too. Newmarket has a growler filling setup in store with a couple of beer available (not bent spoke afaik)!

EDIT: shit, I should have read the following posts and just said +1 ! Still worth a visit for their good range of brews.

Brow

Big Block
Went to Black Sheep at Stafford shops, great service and good range of crafty beers. Got a mixed carton of Bentspoke, Barley Griffin, Easy (new mid strength), crankshaft and Morts gold for the carton pricing. Got a Bentspoke santa hat and a stubby cooler too. Thanks to RB'ers advise and mother in law. Now got all that, a few Adnams Ghost ship and some 150 lashes in the bar fridge. Gonna get some Weihenstephaner and maybe Kilkenny and be set for Xmas.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Tell me more, red eye?
Capital red eye red IPA, Bentspoke Red Nut and just about any Aussie red IPA will do the trick.

In sayin that, Kilkenny is a Celtic red, which is supposed to be maltier. In saying that, just try and Aussie Celtic craft red.....