The gaming thread

goobags

Likes Dirt
Yeah they have done well there. Maybe the developers get paid per gigabyte. 18GB in about 50 minutes so I’m going well so far. Might be able to play it tonight before having too many beers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just installed last night, it was 8gb in all for the update, so I'm glad I did it before I wanted to play.

All ready for tomorrow night!

indica

Serial flasher
All ready for tomorrow night!
the first bit is a little tedious - i'd suggest you create a save as soon as you get through it, i did not but i'd like to have so i can play through the game again as a full cunt without having to do that start bit.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
been getting back into planetside 2 but it stutters way too much and idk why. I played it years ago and it didn't stutter this much.

people say it's because my ram is filling but it isn't or that cpu is getting over used which cpu usage doesn't go above 70 percent.

I can play other new games fine but not ps2 and idk. ive reduced the resolution, resolution scale, draw distance, set everything to low, put smoothing and vsync on but nothing.

Any ideas? I'm kinda lost here.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Question for the games brains trust: 12yo son has some credit on Steam (on PC) and has previously made some pisspoor choices in games that have ended up been underwhelming. He's into things like Borderlands, and some the animal 'simulator' style of games (eg. sharks, dinosaurs etc.) - think levelling up, better guns/abilities etc.

Any recommendations for commercial or indie titles on Steam that might suit? Cheers.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Question for the games brains trust: 12yo son has some credit on Steam (on PC) and has previously made some pisspoor choices in games that have ended up been underwhelming. He's into things like Borderlands, and some the animal 'simulator' style of games (eg. sharks, dinosaurs etc.) - think levelling up, better guns/abilities etc.

Any recommendations for commercial or indie titles on Steam that might suit? Cheers.
Ark? I haven’t played it but it sounds right up his alley. Ride dinosaurs, shoot things...... awesome

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark:_Survival_Evolved

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
the first bit is a little tedious - i'd suggest you create a save as soon as you get through it, i did not but i'd like to have so i can play through the game again as a full cunt without having to do that start bit.
This is a good tip. I just played 2 hours worth to finish the first chapter. I don't want to go through all that again and I created a save point so I could skip it at a later stage.