The stupid questions thread.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Just been dealing with this. Used a combination of different centerlock adapters but it's working.
Interesting. I had DT adaptors on DT hubs. Didn’t think there were adaptor variations. It’s boost as well, you’d think there was plenty of room in there.

Shoulda never let myself be talked into centre lock hubs...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone know where to buy rear boost adapter's locally? Preferably the ones that don't require the rear wheel to be re-dished.

I ordered some from China but fark knows when they will arrive and I am too pumped to ride the new frame.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Mtb direct if they are Hope, DT or I9.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting. I had DT adaptors on DT hubs. Didn’t think there were adaptor variations. It’s boost as well, you’d think there was plenty of room in there.

Shoulda never let myself be talked into centre lock hubs...
The rear I used the DT Swiss adapters and had clearance. The front I used a combination of Shimano and DT Swiss adapters to get the rotor in enough. That was on boost 240s hubs. I'd have preferred to go 6 bolt too but the wheels came pre built at a price I couldn't ignore

Rears still need to be re-dished though don't they? I thought it was just fronts you could get a set of end caps and a small spacer.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I have i9 hubs.

I managed to pick one of the cheap one up of eBay.

If I can find a good bike shop up in student when I am there for work I will grab a wolftooth one and get the wheel re-dished. Just wanna get rolling asap.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have i9 hubs.

I managed to pick one of the cheap one up of eBay.

If I can find a good bike shop up in student when I am there for work I will grab a wolftooth one and get the wheel re-dished. Just wanna get rolling asap.

I have a rear from a set of hope hubs I just picked up. Won't be needing it or the extended cap at any point ever. Free if it's of some use.

I'm in narre warren, pretty sure you're just around the corner right?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Avid of that era known to produce interesting noises
I've only read it once, so my facts may need adjusting, but Avid stamped their rotors for a short period which led to sharp edges on one side creating the noise.

The fix if you were dead-set on keeping them was to chamfer the sharp edges.

I never had a problem with mine, they only ever developed a race car style mouse squeak when I ran metal pads.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a rear from a set of hope hubs I just picked up. Won't be needing it or the extended cap at any point ever. Free if it's of some use.

I'm in narre warren, pretty sure you're just around the corner right?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Thanks plank! That would be great. I'll get in touch if mine down arrive by the time I am back in the country. I dunno if they will work with i9 hubs but I have another wheelset with hope to get me rolling.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Who is it on here that has some link to Transition Bikes or Super Sports? @xero perhaps?
I have a query about a model I'm interested in that isn't currently in stock locally.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Who is it on here that has some link to Transition Bikes or Super Sports? @xero perhaps?
I have a query about a model I'm interested in that isn't currently in stock locally.
Xero is supersports I believe.

More importantly, you joining the tranny club!?!
Now mooreys gone it’s cool again

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Xero is supersports I believe.

More importantly, you joining the tranny club!?!
Now mooreys gone it’s cool again
Maybe, I'm intrested in the Throttle for some hardtail action. Need to know when I'll be allowed to ride again first though.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
If I’m switching from Stan’s to e13 plasma sealant, do I need to clean out the Stans first? And how clean, just a spray with hose? Or can I just top up? Seems like they are similar products, unlike Orange which definitely doesn’t mix with Stan’s.