Whipper snapper chainsaw. UPDATE.

moorey

call me Mia
The time recently came to put Felix on a DH rig. He’s happily raced his spitfire for the last 18 months, but he’s starting to push the trail bikes to their limits, and keen to race some more challenging tracks, so after a bit of a hunt, found a local bike going to waste (Darcy Coutts brothers bike).
Had tested a 27.5, but he jumped on this 26 and loved it.
Frame/Shock and fork were excellent, most of the rest was pretty worn out or not my cuppa.
Had it now for a couple of months, slowly tracking down replacement parts. (Gold where possible)
He’s doing the Nationals and Oceanias, so apart from a couple more tweaks coming, she’s ready to rock.

Was never complete without a Chainsaw sticker.

Frame: 2013 Devinci Wilson. Carbon.
Fork: 2011 WC Boxxer.
Shock: CCDBA coil.
Bars: Fatbar 780
Cranks: Gravity motoX (planning saint)
Brakes: m820 saint (came with XO)
Rotors: RT86 180/203
Derailleur: Zee (Saint coming). Came with X9
Shifter: XT (came with X9)
Cassette: PG1050 11-26
Wheels: 823’s on hope pro2 (came with thrashed Easton havoc.
Seatpost: Thomson elite
Tyres: 2.5 DHR/DHF ghetto tubeless.
Pedals: Hope F20.
Weight: 16.8 ready to race. Planning to shave a bit more off as parts come up.

UPDATED FORKS. Now with 2018 WC’s

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Had tested a 27.5, but he jumped on this 26 and loved it.
Seriously you should stop indoctorinating your kids.

But once again jelly on my end! Pedals look interesting. I just googled it and geezus they are a fair whack of monies!

moorey

call me Mia
Seriously you should stop indoctorinating your kids.

But once again jelly on my end! Pedals look interesting. I just googled it and geezus they are a fair whack of monies!
I was 100% getting him on 27.5, but with our budget, it was bottom end thrashed 27.5. Bike cost $1250, he bought the wheels himself, I swapped my XT’s with a mate for his saints.
All in all, with spares from the shed, it came in pretty cheap for a super solid bike.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I was 100% getting him on 27.5, but with our budget, it was bottom end thrashed 27.5. Bike cost $1250, he bought the wheels himself, I swapped my XT’s with a mate for his saints.
All in all, with spares from the shed, it came in pretty cheap for a super solid bike.
Yeah just taking he piss buddy. That's decent buying!

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah just taking he piss buddy. That's decent buying!
Yeah, I know.
As much as a curmudgeon as I am, I’ve had him on 27.5 as soon as possible, and would never send him back to 26 for a trail/enduro rig. (His unused XC bike is 26, but he prefers a big bike, even on the long XC rides)

moorey

call me Mia
Just under 17kg in full DH mode. Could easily lose a bit more weight, but it’s running sweet as, and Felix loves it.