Little Things You Hate

LPG

likes thicc birds
FU sram. You lot “invented” GXP to avoid a shimano patent. The OD of the left side of the spindle is supposed to be 22mm, not 21.7mm, not 22.2mm but 22.00. Bunch of useless pricks.

Here’s a screen grab of nsk’s shaft tolerances table. Show this to the child labourers in Asia.

I’ll accept the fact we need to make it easy to assemble due to your shoddy plastic cups you love, but 0.3mm is like the titanic taking on a little water.

Are you suggesting it is a machine tool spindle bearing or angular contact thrust bearing in a bb? I'm sure Sram has relaxed their tolerances more than they should but if your going to educate the children working on them give them the right information. Tjey deserve a bit of an education in exchange for their hard work.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Are you suggesting it is a machine tool spindle bearing or angular contact thrust bearing in a bb? I'm sure Sram has relaxed their tolerances more than they should but if your going to educate the children working on them give them the right information. Tjey deserve a bit of an education in exchange for their hard work.
Yeah yeah, I know. Couldn’t get the correct PDF to not crash on my phone. It’s still not -0.3mm

Reactions: LPG

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I’m first in line to sacrifice feeler gauges, cheap Chinese sets get hacked to bits for shims all the time around here, but wrapped around the crank spindle is asking for drama. The whole sram crank bearing preload design is a fucking disaster, I should incorporate a bearing ID reducer and preload adjuster (or spacer) to fix the shit show all in one go. Same time I should man up and buy one of the GXP push fit bottom brackets that threads together, I don’t want to revisit this.
Very typical of SRAM, the GXP concept isn't actually that bad in theory, it's just let down by fucking atrocious manufacturing.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Watched a young woman drive her Getz up onto a traffic island in the middle of the road... Left it stranded on its belly with wheels on each side of it.

Others went to help and console the crying woman. As she was on her phone, she is lucky it wasn't me checking on her - I'd have ripped her a new one for driving on her fucking phone and driving into shit.

Luckily it was a traffic island she hit and not one of us... Fuckwit.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ I want to like that post - but feel it sends the wrong message ....
I would have been laughing at her stupidity and have no remorse for being a shouty old man at aforementioned stupidity .

Phones and humans are an interface that should never have happened - i cannot understand the reliance on a 'thing' .
But i am a miserable grumpy old prick who shouts at clouds .

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Watched a young woman drive her Getz up onto a traffic island in the middle of the road... Left it stranded on its belly with wheels on each side of it.

Others went to help and console the crying woman. As she was on her phone, she is lucky it wasn't me checking on her - I'd have ripped her a new one for driving on her fucking phone and driving into shit.

Luckily it was a traffic island she hit and not one of us... Fuckwit.
Consider my like as more of a "wow" kind of like. ;) I would have pissed myself laughing at her but as you say, glad it didn't alter anyone else's day badly. That moron should take a few months on the train for sure.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, I've said this before and had some hate mail for it, even death threats!
Stop calling your XC trails and singular bike trail a fucking bike park you dopey flogs! Define a bike park in Dozer's world you ask? Okay:
-If it isn't gravity and jumps and multiple trails then nah, it isn't a bike park.
-Got a sweet chairlift? Tick the bike park box when issuing your press release.
-Is it one loop with shit obstacles built by little Timmy and his Mum? Not a bike park! Take it off the sign!
-Is the only way to the top of the hill either on foot or pedaling up? Its a trail, not a bike park!
-Oh you don't have a chairlift? Not a bike park!
If I see another damn place with all green trails in one single loop pop up exclaiming it's greatness and it's called a bike park, I'm gonna get in touch with my Mum and explain the situation so look out!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That the Gillette ad is getting so much hate... Wtf is wrong with suggesting we can all be a bit better at being better human beings/men....?

Every sexist homophobic rant in response to it is simply proving the ad’d point... :(