Whats the best beer you've had & why?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
@Scotty T - if you get the chance, try MTB/Michael from CBR Brewers’ watermelon sour. It’s pretty special.

Just had this Blackman’s watermelon gose and enjoyed it.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
@johnny that looks nice, will drop MTB a line and see if he can bring some to the next meeting.

I'm loving the Bentspoke Easy, but I think I like the Capital Summit Session better flavour wise. Bentspoke is cheaper and less alcoholic and has the cool cans though so it's hard to decide, I think I will just have to alternate.

Switch

huskier headed gent
This is probably better suited to the stupid questions thread but going to a BBQ on the weekend and as it's the wife's friends I will be the designated driver. So the question is, is there such a thing as a good light beer? Any suggestions that wont taste like a watered down corona?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
This is probably better suited to the stupid questions thread but going to a BBQ on the weekend and as it's the wife's friends I will be the designated driver. So the question is, is there such a thing as a good light beer? Any suggestions that wont taste like a watered down corona?
Balter make a 'Captain Sensible' beer and I have always been fond of Rogers as a mid strength with decent flavour.

I see a Carlton 'Zero' advertised. Would be interesting but certainly don't hold any expectations. To be honest, if I'm going non-alcoholic it would be a ginger beer anyway.

stirk

Burner
Look for beers called session ales. They tend to be lower in ABV hence the name. Good bottle shops and of course dan Dan Murphy stock a variety. Personally I have never tried any so can't recommend any but I'm sure they'll be nicer than generic light beer.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Look for beers called session ales. They tend to be lower in ABV hence the name. Good bottle shops and of course dan Dan Murphy stock a variety. Personally I have never tried any so can't recommend any but I'm sure they'll be nicer than generic light beer.
Yes not a beer I would normally go near as I am normally at the other end of the ABV. Needs must though so appreciate all the suggestions.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like dark beers, and reckon the citrus/fruity craft beers taste like cat piss ! Does shit me a bit when every farking bottlo has 50 different kinds of pale ale/IPA.

Recently had a four pack of Bootleg Brewery's (Margaret River) Raging Bull. Awesome, super tasty albeit pricey drop.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Had a Jindy RedX last weekend and loved it. More of an amber for my taste but a great beer none the less.

Binaural

Eats Squid
This!
Last day of mid-day mid-week drinking before back to work on Mon. Polishing off my last few.
My brother works for a few craft breweries around Sydney's inner west, and he tells me their Hazy IPA is the business, you should try it if you see it!

stirk

Burner
Shame to see a brewery pause operations. It's hard work, especially if you've other work to attend to. My best beer lately is my own, a IPA NEIPA bastard, or is the NEIPA just the bastard child we've become fond of? I don't go overly fruity on the hops and like some bitterness in an IPA.

IMG_20190403_205545355-1503x2672.jpg

Sadly as the beer becomes awesome the kegs near empty.

The next batch is a broody mid amber IPA, I'll dry hop maybe 75g of Amarillo into this on day 8 of fermentation. Should be a recipe to small batch into production one day.

IMG_20190403_201243848-1202x2137.jpg

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Had a Wayward Juicy Boy pineapple and orange gose and a Boozy Fruit NEIPA from Big Shed yesterday post ride at Old Canberra Inn. They always have something awesome on tap there. Bummer about PACT, but I think they'll be back in one way or another down the track.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
We also had post ride beers at the OCI last night. Did you try the barrel aged imperial stout? Was excellent. With the weather getting cooler the OCI have now committed to have at least one dark beer on tap at all times.