What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a new one...for the wife.

Her Knolly Endorphin will be up for sale soon I'd say!
What did you buy?

We picked up a demo liv intrigue for the week tonight. She car park road the pique (hated it) a trance and the intrigue.

I think I have invested more into her bike choice than mine

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think I have invested more into her bike choice than mine
Haha yep, this is me in a nutshell. It's a bit of a story but basically she wants to race xc this year and her Knolly is not the ideal candidate.

She really liked the look of the Epic but I'm wary of the brain from past experiences. I pointed her towards the Intense Sniper but the Specialized was much better value for money. For example $300 more and I got carbon wheels, Sid fork and GX eagle compared to Stans Crest, 32 Performance and NX eagle. The "big three" are hard to beat on value.

But originally we'd looked at the new Canyon Lux. Decent XC geometry and good value for money. But they've been either sold out or delivery dates around August. For reference all the Smalls where sold out. I was about to pull the trigger on an Epic for her when by chance I checked out Canyon again last night and low and behold there was a small CF 7.0 in available for a mid Feb delivery. The price was a couple of thousand cheaper than both the Epic and Sniper so I pulled the trigger right there and then. After I completed the purchase they were sold out again. Must've got the last one!

Only thing I'll change for now is a dropper post.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Haha yep, this is me in a nutshell. It's a bit of a story but basically she wants to race xc this year and her Knolly is not the ideal candidate.

She really liked the look of the Epic but I'm wary of the brain from past experiences. I pointed her towards the Intense Sniper but the Specialized was much better value for money. For example $300 more and I got carbon wheels, Sid fork and GX eagle compared to Stans Crest, 32 Performance and NX eagle. The "big three" are hard to beat on value.

But originally we'd looked at the new Canyon Lux. Decent XC geometry and good value for money. But they've been either sold out or delivery dates around August. For reference all the Smalls where sold out. I was about to pull the trigger on an Epic for her when by chance I checked out Canyon again last night and low and behold there was a small CF 7.0 in available for a mid Feb delivery. The price was a couple of thousand cheaper than both the Epic and Sniper so I pulled the trigger right there and then. After I completed the purchase they were sold out again. Must've got the last one!

Only thing I'll change for now is a dropper post.

Saw one in person on the weekend, looked very XC, and very nice!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to mention, two bottles in the main triangle, a life saver for marathon races!

I still can't get over the spec for price on them compared to others in the market. A similar spec for other brands you are looking at another 2k easy.

Looked closer again and the Fox 34SC has a 110mm airshaft for a 69.5 degree HA. A 120mm shaft would make it a touch more forgiving. Also looking at reviews, the lockouts are not really needed. I'll see how much the misses uses it before I decide to pull it off or not, but we're both sucker's for clean cable management, I mean look at my Czar

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Not to mention, two bottles in the main triangle, a life saver for marathon races!

I still can't get over the spec for price on them compared to others in the market. A similar spec for other brands you are looking at another 2k easy.

Looked closer again and the Fox 34SC has a 110mm airshaft for a 69.5 degree HA. A 120mm shaft would make it a touch more forgiving. Also looking at reviews, the lockouts are not really needed. I'll see how much the misses uses it before I decide to pull it off or not, but we're both sucker's for clean cable management, I mean look at my Czar

That 34SC should be yours .... put the 32 on hers, she won't notice !

Stop posting that image of your czar, or at least update it with a straight saddle !

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That 34SC should be yours .... put the 32 on hers, she won't notice !

Stop posting that image of your czar, or at least update it with a straight saddle !
I do it to get in the heads of all you OCD people

Luckily that was when I was putting it together and it's now perfectly straight, obviously.

As for the fork swap, I wish. Maybe I'll drop my 34 on my Primer to 120mm then swap. She can have the fancy Kashima one and I'll take the black on black. Primer can get a 36

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I do it to get in the heads of all you OCD people
I was gonna go the crooked seat, but was beaten to it.

As for OCD, ha ha… look at your shrinkwrapped cables.

Pot, Kettle, etc.

BTW, I think it's awesome your Darl is so into it and has and gets real nice bikes.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much was the Canyon?
Ended up 4.5k delivered

I was gonna go the crooked seat, but was beaten to it.

As for OCD, ha ha… look at your shrinkwrapped cables.

Pot, Kettle, etc.

BTW, I think it's awesome your Darl is so into it and has and gets real nice bikes.
We all know I'm just salty because I didn't realise I had a bent saddle when I took the picture

As for the wife, I'm a lucky guy. Although it was cheaper when she was a runner