The pet thread, post em up!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Got home the other day to find one of our greyhounds with a large and nasty cut on her back. Not much blood, but the cut was down to the fascia. They are notorious for having thin skin, but I've searched high and low and can't find any evidence or object that could've done it. They were digging in the garden and uncovered a buried brick with a sharp edge, but no blood or hair on it. It also doesn't really look like a bite from our other greyhound. A few friends have floated the idea that a hawk or eagle or something might've done it. It sounds far fetched, but I'm beginning to wonder if they might be right.

All stitched up, but high as a kite and with a little less hair.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Nasty. Our cat is in a turf war at the moment, but nothing like that. Ouch.

Not today though, struggling with 45 outside, and 35 inside.......

How much did the vet slug you?

Elbo

Nasty. Our cat is in a turf war at the moment, but nothing like that. Ouch.

Not today though, struggling with 45 outside, and 35 inside.......
How much did the vet slug you?
42 here, so ours are inside too, with quick stints outside to the clamshell pool to cool off.

Got out of it for $450 all up. We don't have pet insurance. Part of me wants to get it, but the deal is generally so bad with only certain things covered or only 80% of fees covered, it's better to just save for a rainy day, as such.

Elbo

That's nasty @Elbo. Ours is inside today, doing it tough....
Haha, love it! Our other greyhound looks very similar with white feet and tip of tail, and loves toys and roaching. He's flat out on the kitchen floor at the moment, waiting for scraps.

safreek

42 here, so ours are inside too, with quick stints outside to the clamshell pool to cool off.

Got out of it for $450 all up. We don't have pet insurance. Part of me wants to get it, but the deal is generally so bad with only certain things covered or only 80% of fees covered, it's better to just save for a rainy day, as such.
Yep, they are wankers, been paying for a year and a half and they wouldn't come to the party. Round a grand for a tick. Don't trust the anti tick tabs either, they don't always work, fucken waste of money

safreek

Just got my dog out of the Emergency vet after almost a week, blood infection. $10k ish was the final bill so far, still another visit back in two weeks.
Faaark me, that's a lot of love. I may sound horrible but I could not afford that for Burt if that happened

binner

Hath shat hymself
I'm a sucker for Bassets and especially when they are from a rescue.....this is our new family member at age 10 from Cairns who lost his parents from a deceased estate....
Striker is severely overweight for a basset so we have some hard yards ahead of us, but he is already settling in....

Attachments

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm a sucker for Bassets and especially when they are from a rescue.....this is our new family member at age 10 from Cairns who lost his parents from a deceased estate....
Striker is severely overweight for a basset so we have some hard yards ahead of us, but he is already settling in....
Love Bassett hounds. Just watch out for ticks in the ears. I've heard some horror stories.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

binner

Hath shat hymself
Love Bassett hounds. Just watch out for ticks in the ears. I've heard some horror stories.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
yeah , I have had several Bassets in my time...its all coming back to me now. the drooling, the awesome deep howl, massive paws, dirty ears and anal glands ... ughhh
This striker has to lose some serious weight, he was loved with a lot of food from previous owners I suspect.

safreek

How can one not love a basset