Confessions from the fuckwits

cammas

Seamstress
This goes here...

I lent my Transition TransAm to a friend.
Bike is back, I never really checked and after changing a few parts and getting ready to ride, I try to raise the saddle only to find out the dang seatpost is frozen solid into the seat tube.

Thomson on 4130. I remember that seatpost being a 410mm (or maybe a 385mm) and the bottom of the seatpost should be RIGHT at the point where the seat tube flares DOWN to a smaller diameter to connect to the BB shell.

Tried penetrating oil, twisting the saddle with an old handlebar and no joy. It may twist a couple mm and that's it.
Next step is taking it to a friend with a bench and twist until something gives up.
It maybe a little late but had similar issue and my fuckwit moment came when my daughter walked out and seen what I was doing, she was like “why don’t you just pour hot water on there so the frame expands”.
I’m like fuck why I didn’t think of that, boiled the kettle slowly poured the water on the seat tube and a couple minutes later one seat post freed and one slightly embarrassed and totally knackered dad, may work for you as well.

Warp

Likes Dirt
I'm coming here way too often...
So, I put up this dropper for sale. After a couple weeks finally two guys show interest on it. One stops by my place to check it, he's riding a Reign and I'm thinking "my post doesn't fit his bike", I show him the post and sure, he's looking for a 30.9. Mine is 31.6.
Poor bloke goes like "sorry, mate. You ad said 30.9" I did apologized and all convinced my ad was right...
Turns out I'm a complete and utter fuckwit. The add said 30.9 :oops::oops::oops::(

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm coming here way too often...
So, I put up this dropper for sale. After a couple weeks finally two guys show interest on it. One stops by my place to check it, he's riding a Reign and I'm thinking "my post doesn't fit his bike", I show him the post and sure, he's looking for a 30.9. Mine is 31.6.
Poor bloke goes like "sorry, mate. You ad said 30.9" I did apologized and all convinced my ad was right...
Turns out I'm a complete and utter fuckwit. The add said 30.9 :oops::oops::oops::(
You're right. You suck. ;)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I realized quite a while back that I can either have roof racks, or an automatic garage door. But not both. Never both.
I've seen a few crafty solutions for this problem from my mates:
  • Wheeling out one of the unused bikes to block the car park spot
  • Putting the garage remote into a pocket or box with a reminder to unload bikes
  • Take out garage key and put it inside said garage lol
Of course there is that one time the other half had the garage open when I arrived and none of the above worked....

My contribution for the day is I recently swapped my commuter to CO2 instead of a pump. After a good run I finally got a puncture and I pulled out the kit. Turns out the thing is zip tied to oblvivion in the packaging and I end up sitting by the side of the road gnawing zip ties for a few minutes. Look in the kit bag and what do you know - past Calvin has foreseen the idiocy and left the pump in there because he is smarter than me and knew something would go wrong.

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I've seen a few crafty solutions for this problem from my mates:
  • Wheeling out one of the unused bikes to block the car park spot
  • Putting the garage remote into a pocket or box with a reminder to unload bikes
  • Take out garage key and put it inside said garage lol
  • I put the remote in one of the riding gloves.