Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yeah the future is electric small autonomous vehicles and planes but greater than 10 years .
They have to be incredibly reliable and thief and terrorist proof.
Note drones and computer hacking on nordic noir recently.
I think history shows us that it is notoriously hard to predict ,things come up unexpectedly.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Peter was a bit of a prophet:

And yet we failed to act...
Oh god, that's hard to watch. 1980. Nearly 40 years ago. The excuses coming out of the polly's mouth about why it's too hard are the same now, and nothing has happened. To expensive, to hard. Well, news flash, it only gets more expensive and difficult to make a change the longer you wait.

My commute to uni used to follow a pretty popular bus route. One climb in particular, i'd regularly get behind or be passed by a bus which would stomp the gas to get up the hill right in front of my. The lungfull of natural gas fumes would make your limbs tingle. If only for that reason, an electric bus would have been worth the $2 mill investement for 10 prototypes. Shit, I think we pay more than that for 10 buses now anyway (obviously inflation plays a part there).

At least we have electric trains. Mostly.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It's stuff like this that make me think 'technological solutions' will not save us and we simply have to cut numbers. Anarchy is good.
Pretty much. It’s safe to assume technology will surprise us, but to not act with currently available tech on the assumption something better will (might...) come along is outrageously stupid. At best - usually it’s just self interested arseholes involved.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Hmmm - me...

1.6l 4cyl euro
2.0l 4cyl jap
2.0l 4cyl jap
3.0l 6cyl jap (in oz)
2.5l 4cyl euro
2.0l 4cyl euro
2.2l 4cyl jap
3.0l 6cyl jap
2.5l 4cyl jap
1.8l 4cyl jap (in euro)
3.0l 6cyl jap (in euro)
1.2l 4cyl turbo euro

I’ve also never explored the upper echelons of capacity...