The stupid questions thread.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Can someone link me to the " home made tubeless " thread, I try the stickies but says I have no admin access :oops:
Not sure if this is the one you are after but a quick google (works better than the RB search function) came up with this.

safreek

Not sure if this is the one you are after but a quick google (works better than the RB search function) came up with this.
Cool as, thanks, that's perfect

safreek

Are trying to inflate your scrotum again?
Mate, I will tell you that life is much more comfy since on the sarms, you don't know what life was like having bull size knackeres. Always painful landings, and the embarrassment in community spa, sorry meant showers

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Can someone link me to the " home made tubeless " thread, I try the stickies but says I have no admin access :oops:
Also google Wade's Secret Sauce MTBR. The thread is a bit of a long read but the good stuff is in the first page or two.

I've used it, and will probably use it again, but Stan's race sealant keeps appearing on sale whenever I need more

Just use a bottle full of each ingredient as one 'part'. If you need 2 parts then use 2 bottle fulls.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Seems like the in thing to talk about lately is bike geometry; namely head tube angle and now seat tube angles. I for one could not tell you any of those measurements on any bike I've ever owned but wondered: Do people ever chuck a giant protractor on their bike and actually measure this stuff or just rely that the info on the brochure is remotely accurate?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Seems like the in thing to talk about lately is bike geometry; namely head tube angle and now seat tube angles. I for one could not tell you any of those measurements on any bike I've ever owned but wondered: Do people ever chuck a giant protractor on their bike and actually measure this stuff or just rely that the info on the brochure is remotely accurate?
Just did this the other day funnily enough. My dually was about a degree out on HA from stated specs. It's from the 90's though, I suspect build precision has improved since then. Would be surprised if modern bikes were significantly off spec.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Just did this the other day funnily enough. My dually was about a degree out on HA from stated specs. It's from the 90's though, I suspect build precision has improved since then. Would be surprised if modern bikes were significantly off spec.
Well there you go! Did you do it just for shits & giggles or for a purpose?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Well there you go! Did you do it just for shits & giggles or for a purpose?
Was just curious if it was on spec or not.

Had never been bothered checking before, but then found out you can get phone apps now which let you do it fairly easily. Sadly I didn't trust the accuracy of the phone so I then took a photo and ran the numbers in CAD. Both methods spat out the same figures within 0.1 of a degree.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Was just curious if it was on spec or not.

Had never been bothered checking before, but then found out you can get phone apps now which let you do it fairly easily. Sadly I didn't trust the accuracy of the phone so I then took a photo and ran the numbers in CAD. Both methods spat out the same figures within 0.1 of a degree.
Holy shit, you went the whole hog! Thats actually pretty bad arse! ;)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have used the measurements to see how the possible new bike compares to the old. That is about it other than making sure the HA was slacker than a series 1 5010!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I actually just bought a cheap inclinometer off ebay the other day for this exact purpose.

I've got a heap of anglesets and offset bushings to muck around with as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk