The pet thread, post em up!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a call from a friend last night about 6pm, need help with a cat stuck in a fence. Got there and a all black cat must of been hanging upside down-ish for hours. Leg stuck in the fence, bleeding, ants all over his wounds, and he was jammed under the another part of the fence which we had to cut to get him out of.
Long story short, not microchiped, not desexed, but he now has 3 legs, no balls and we've got a what i'm guessing is a $1000 vet bill haha. Little black tripod. The people who found him might end up giving him a home, or I'm happy to make him a shop cat :)

Attachments

stirk

Burner
This will be me tomorrow morning at 5:00am riding solo in the dark when I think a stick turns into a snake or a tree shadow turns into a Yowie......holy fuck there is something after me, gun it!!!!

First dark ride in the bush for me so I'll be alert.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
This is our cat. His name is Michael. He's a dick...but in a funny, likeable way.
Does whatever he feels like, at the worst times. Occasionally catches a starling or a mouse, so I take that as rent.
When we moved to Tasmania he just turned up at the back door and refused to take no for an answer. What a dick.

Attachments

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
This was my dog. His name was Frank. He was a fucking legend.
I put him down about two years ago. It was the most awful day of my life.
I keep his collar & tag hanging in my workshop and every now & then I pause to look at it and smile.
I can't explain how much I miss him sometimes.

safreek

This will be me tomorrow morning at 5:00am riding solo in the dark when I think a stick turns into a snake or a tree shadow turns into a Yowie......holy fuck there is something after me, gun it!!!!

First dark ride in the bush for me so I'll be alert.

View attachment 351224
You need to drop a few kg mate, maybe a bit of xc riding

safreek

This was my dog. His name was Frank. He was a fucking legend.
I put him down about two years ago. It was the most awful day of my life.
I keep his collar & tag hanging in my workshop and every now & then I pause to look at it and smile.
I can't explain how much I miss him sometimes.View attachment 351236

View attachment 351229

View attachment 351230

View attachment 351231

View attachment 351232

View attachment 351233

View attachment 351234

View attachment 351235

View attachment 351237

View attachment 351238
Looking flash with the bucket over his head.
Had a dog down the road with the thing on his head, I nick named him "ol bucket head" the owner git dirty over the name,

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Looking flash with the bucket over his head.
Had a dog down the road with the thing on his head, I nick named him "ol bucket head" the owner git dirty over the name,
Haha yeah, The Cone of Shame is pretty hilarious after a vet visit.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had a West Highland Terrier when we were growing up, but since he died a few years back and all the kids are out of home my parents have been pretty against getting another dog .... at least until my Dad fell in love with my Vizsla Franklin. Never seen someone so clucky over a dog. Fast forward two years and they’ve got themselves their own Vizsla pup. Meet Ruby:

At 8 weeks she’s a while off getting out on the trails. Both the parents ride so will be a heap of fun to shred some singletrack with these two ratbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So little cat stuck in the fence update:
Sooty the tripod is all good, however it was touch and go, post op for an unknown reason he couldnt empty his bladder, had to have his bladder manually emptied twice a day and after a week of this I started thinking it could be curtains for him. However he started doing small No1's, and it gradually got better :) He gets around super good on 3 legs, jumping on things but everynow and then he goes for the 4 leg and loses control, rather entertaining.
He has started his new life with the young family that found him stuck in the fence (friends of mine). He is such a lovely little cat, very affectionate and talkative. I want my own black cat now haha.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
We had a crazy day taking Pippa, one of our greyhounds, to the vet for stitches again. They saw a small dog walk past the front yard and Dash got excited. He then bit Pippa on the back tearing a flap of skin clean off. We had another incident a few months ago where we came home to find Pippa with a massive gash on her back. Now I'm beginning to wonder if that was also caused by the other dog.

We adopted Dash a year ago and he is a great dog otherwise but I'm beginning to realize he might just not be suited to living with other dogs. I don't want him to attack her again and I certainly can't afford $500 for stitches every time his prey drive takes over and he lashes out. I don't think its compatible with having a family in the next few years either. So I'm not really sure what to do.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Is Dash also a greyhound ?
It’s one of those ‘catch it’ breeds that, whilst they can be trained well, you just always have a little bit of concern with kids around.

No need to make any decisions until you have kids and the first one become mobile though. Our staffy was full of beans until he was about 7/8 but luckily by the time the kids arrived he was worn out and old. Cops a hell of a time from the kids now the old bastard and just takes it, but he earned it I say.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Is Dash also a greyhound ?
It’s one of those ‘catch it’ breeds that, whilst they can be trained well, you just always have a little bit of concern with kids around.

No need to make any decisions until you have kids and the first one become mobile though. Our staffy was full of beans until he was about 7/8 but luckily by the time the kids arrived he was worn out and old. Cops a hell of a time from the kids now the old bastard and just takes it, but he earned it I say.
Yeah, he's a greyhound too. He's 5 and still exhibits a strong prey drive. Hopefully he calms down as he gets older, and I know I don't have to rush and make a reactionary decision now, but it just plays on your mind these sorts of things. I could never trust him with a baby or even a puppy.

mark22

Likes Dirt
We had a crazy day taking Pippa, one of our greyhounds, to the vet for stitches again. They saw a small dog walk past the front yard and Dash got excited. He then bit Pippa on the back tearing a flap of skin clean off. We had another incident a few months ago where we came home to find Pippa with a massive gash on her back. Now I'm beginning to wonder if that was also caused by the other dog.

We adopted Dash a year ago and he is a great dog otherwise but I'm beginning to realize he might just not be suited to living with other dogs. I don't want him to attack her again and I certainly can't afford $500 for stitches every time his prey drive takes over and he lashes out. I don't think its compatible with having a family in the next few years either. So I'm not really sure what to do.
Unfortunately greyhounds have a hide as thick as paper.