Formula One world championship

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Max Verstappen will be a life long member of the jerk club. He has immense talent, he's the Nick Kyrgios of F1.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Day one was very good. Standing on a balcony over the cars watching them being prepared for scrutineering was nice. The pit lane walk was up close and personal. Adrian Newey was standing looking at Daniel's Renault so I called out he would look better in yellow overalls. He looked at me.... then laughed.

We lucked out with accomodation and have a 10 min walk then 20 mins by tram to the track.

Those renault Meganes are really fast. One kept in front of the Porsches for several laps. Until the light went from yellow to green.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Day one was very good. Standing on a balcony over the cars watching them being prepared for scrutineering was nice. The pit lane walk was up close and personal. Adrian Newey was standing looking at Daniel's Renault so I called out he would look better in yellow overalls. He looked at me.... then laughed.

We lucked out with accomodation and have a 10 min walk then 20 mins by tram to the track.

Those renault Meganes are really fast. One kept in front of the Porsches for several laps. Until the light went from yellow to green.
Good on you mate, I used to get so pumped going to the Grand Prix and can certainly feel your vibes from that post. Good call on Newey! :D
Friday was always the best day for me, first day the big bangers would come out and light th eplace up. I'm not talking about the days where the first practice is 11am either, back in the day when it was a 9am session for 90 minutes then another near lunch. I would wake up in the city at 4am and was so buzzed, couldn't wait for that first car to roll into the lane and then the world was good again.
I remember when the BAR team first arrived with Villeneuve and had to change the livery overnight to the ugly split colour. They wanted to make an impression on their first lap so Villeneuve came out of the garage, pointed it nearly straight up the lane and lit it up. He fishtailed past about six pit bays and was booked for pitlane speeding by a loooooong way! It was awesome, really cool arrival.
My first Grand Prix pass at full speed was in the same seats on the pit straight in 1997. All the cars would come out, do a slow enough lap to make sure the wheels were bolted on and come back to the pits. It was cloudy and you cold hear the V10's all the way around the lake, what a feeling that was to experience. After maybe five minutes of cars going in and out of the pitlane, I saw a yellow flash appear into turn 16 and I knew this was it, the first flyby from a V10 F1 car for me. It was Ralf Schumacher in his first F1 race in the Jordan with the snake on the nose cone (looked AWESOME) and boy did it rock my world. I will never forget that moment and although there's been some seriously cool times watching Grand Prix cars, that is a lasting memory.

For me, the best looking car ever came from Jordan the following year. Not just the cool Hornet look but the design of the car looked so streamlined, loved it.

Have a blast @Dales Cannon

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha I remember my first time, caught a late flight over on the friday night, we all crashed at a mates, was on the way in in a taxi and all of a sudden you could hear them (we were still miles away) and it just got louder louder and louder, was awesome, that was '96. Cool times.
Race day I stood at the fence on the turn right after brundle put it upside down, didn't move from 8am till the end of the race.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So day two. Ferrari are clearly foxing and are faster than Merc, maybe 1/2 sec. Alfa are fast too. Red bull are puttinb everything on the table. Qualifying will be interesting.

The fuckers cage the cars. Not sure how well my pics will work out.

Alfas are very pretty.

Edit: I know the V6s dont sound anything like the 8s and 10s but the noise is ok. It is easy to tell which of the four engines a car runs because they are all different. The Alfa is a little different from the Ferrari.

For interest we walked just over 11km at the track yesterday.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Edit: Yep got that wrong.

Ferrari looks planted but is slower. Race pace might be different.

The F/A 18 was magic today.

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yeah that'd be awesome.
His drive today was as good at it gets. Utterly dominant. So impressed.

Poor Daniel. What a prick of a day.
He will feel so gutted.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wasn't Daniel forced off track?
Perez(?) in front had a slow start and Dan thought he could get around. on the grass. he had a good wheel width or two. looks like Perez tried to close the door but not 100%.
Dan talks about it in post race interview

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dan just fucked up.
I'm gonna try to watch the races again this year, hoping to see some tighter racing but ah, that Mercedes was half a second quicker than every car consistently. Hell of a win for Bottas!
How the fuck does Grosjean keep getting a drive each year?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Dan just fucked up.
I'm gonna try to watch the races again this year, hoping to see some tighter racing but ah, that Mercedes was half a second quicker than every car consistently. Hell of a win for Bottas!
How the fuck does Grosjean keep getting a drive each year?
By bringing a fuckton of sponsorship money with him.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
By bringing a fuckton of sponsorship money with him.
He'd spend that money and more on parts he wrecks in a season surely.
I was told the McLaren and Honda thing wasn't working so well as McLaren built a chassis and Honda had to fit the engine inside it. Now I'm told Red Bull are building the car around Honda and it's giving Honda more freedom to make shit work. Seems like a thing yeah?