Confessions from the fuckwits

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So I stuck a new (old) 11sp driveline on the other day. Shifted ok but had a gross grindy noise pedalling forwards or backwards. Ohnoes I think, have I bought something broken? Can I fix it like all the other broken stuff I've bought in the past? Let's kneel down and take a look, see what we can find.

Fuckwit

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Mods ( @Tubbsy ) take this down, if this is a confession then we are going to fill the place up

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep, I’ve done it too..
I once did it, realised I'd done it, fixed the issue, then my friend pointed out I'd done it again, I again pulled the chain and reset it, he was joking, then I did do it again because I was undoing my error...and we all know not to fix bikes while people watch.

Warp

Likes Dirt
So I stuck a new (old) 11sp driveline on the other day. Shifted ok but had a gross grindy noise pedalling forwards or backwards. Ohnoes I think, have I bought something broken? Can I fix it like all the other broken stuff I've bought in the past? Let's kneel down and take a look, see what we can find.

Fuckwit

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Actually, why is that farking plate in there?
It doesn't connect to the other plate, so it gives fuck all stiffness
Oh, well... I guess I'll continue misthreading the chain every time I put one on.

moorey

call me Mia
Actually, why is that farking plate in there?
It doesn't connect to the other plate, so it gives fuck all stiffness
Oh, well... I guess I'll continue misthreading the chain every time I put one on.
Stop the chain bouncing out, I assume. Particularly pre-clutches.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
A folded piece of metal is heaps stiffer than a flat plate. It would still be mostly for stiffening even though it isn't joined to the other plate.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
First proper entry here for a while... I have to rebuild the wheel set i just assembled. I forgot the holes in the rims are slightly offset in a staggered manner. So of course I have the spokes going across to the opposite sides...

There was a 50/50 chance of me picking the right holes at random - so of course both wheels are wrong. 9 times out 10, 50/50 chances don't work out.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@moorey
Post photo
First proper entry here for a while... I have to rebuild the wheel set i just assembled. I forgot the holes in the rims are slightly offset in a staggered manner. So of course I have the spokes going across to the opposite sides...

There was a 50/50 chance of me picking the right holes at random - so of course both wheels are wrong. 9 times out 10, 50/50 chances don't work out.
Shit like that makes me so irrationally angry, you have my condolences

Haakon

Keeps on digging
But what sort of character are you building? I'd wager it's more like an extension or interior make over...
I can always rely on you to come up with the best retorts. One day I suspect we will have to go out drinking Japanese whisky. Preferably in Japan.

As for the question, I fear it may merely be reinforcing existing tendencies for bitterness and also bloody mindedness.

Also, it’s just supporting some questionable OCD tendencies - because as is the wheels are fine and it will make next to no difference swapping over the spoke positions on the rim...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I can always rely on you to come up with the best retorts. One day I suspect we will have to go out drinking Japanese whisky. Preferably in Japan.

As for the question, I fear it may merely be reinforcing existing tendencies for bitterness and also bloody mindedness.

Also, it’s just supporting some questionable OCD tendencies - because as is the wheels are fine and it will make next to no difference swapping over the spoke positions on the rim...
Its probably cheaper to fly there and enjoy the whisky than buy it here!