Devinci code, it's hectik

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am indeedy, rear brake needs to be pumped before it grips, gonna whack the dreaded slx on it if the grips come off. Post is moving up and down, sweet
Is that the brake your buddy just bled? Shouldn't be too hard to make the brake work...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The brakes need a bleed and fluid top up. Might even get away with a top up. I should have tried that when I dropped off the poump.

safreek

The brakes need a bleed and fluid top up. Might even get away with a top up. I should have tried that when I dropped off the poump.
And cheers for the bike, had a bit of a run on it today, feels really plush actually. Running the derailleur that was on it and it seems fine. I actually did put the new chain on, all by myself. Bugger those quick link things, good old pin to hold it together(old style:))
The shock seems to be holding air from both valves so all cool, although I would of liked to have the excuse to coil it.
The fox fork seems all good to go, holds air and feels nice as.
I have researched the oil changing of the fork and seems pretty easy, will do that in a couple of weeks but no need at the moment.
Am going to transfer my syncros pedals over tomorrow and will be going for a duck creek ride on Wednesday.
Again, thanks for such a cool bike

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Like Dazzlezzzzzz says, you might get away with just topping up the brakes. You got baby oil? Of course you do, those hands don't glaze themselves! Just dribble it in and pump them, repeat until firm.

safreek

enduro before enduro became a thing!

Don't forget the trailside photo's!
Faark, you mean I'm one of those. Shit, who wants to buy a bike :D
I will be sure to get some photos of the duck creek. I have STRAVA but have never used it, let's see how it goes

safreek

Like Dazzlezzzzzz says, you might get away with just topping up the brakes. You got baby oil? Of course you do, those hands don't glaze themselves! Just dribble it in and pump them, repeat until firm.
Would a syringe work better, I have plenty from my amphetamine habit, been meaning to throw them out the car window, ;)

safreek

Faark, you mean I'm one of those. Shit, who wants to buy a bike :D
I will be sure to get some photos of the duck creek. I have STRAVA but have never used it, let's see how it goes
OK, after this lie I am actually going out to the duck today, weights and work have stopped a proper run. Leaving in half an hour

safreek

OK, got out there and rode around for about 45 minutes, not a bad place at all, more climbing than new Italy, I don't understand people who like to climb.
Bike went like a dream, much easier than the astrix uphill pedalling, duuuh.
Didn't really notice the suspension working but the ride was like a magic carpet so it works excellent.
Have to say, the 36 fox is pretty plush, didn't really notice it working, it just did.
The reverb worked like a dream, 5 inches in my seat was just right, any longer would of been too much.
These newfangled dropper thingys are sooo cool, can't believe the difference they make. On other bikes it was always a compromise on seat height for up and down hills, now at the press of a magic button I have the perfect height, veeery nice indeedy.
What next, 29r maybe now I am in the modern world, haaaaa haaaaa, as if.
The bleed I did on the rear brake worked a treat, it squeals like a pig getting dicked but seems to stop me. A bloke at the top told me that he could hear me braking a mile off, at least people will know when I am cumming. I am not ocd so it worries me not.
No photos because I took none, tried using strava but it seems shit, told me 45 minutes of riding got me 1.6km, even with the added bulk it does not seem right, I can walk faster than that.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Close to the border of dud ballina shire council and the wonderful lismore council.
The place isn't huge but my legs are rooted, didn't find the bigger jumpie things but further exploration should yield results
There's an old 4wd track here that's close to Boarder rangers and it's called Duck Creek Rd, in the Lamington national park, I climbed it years ago and it was hell. Good to see that you're enjoying the bike.

Duck Creek track.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did you rip any mad skids?

Your pads might need a BBQ and your rotors a clean. Also check its all tight. Brakes can be loud when a little loose. Or maybe you have glazed the pads. Does the surface look like your hands?

safreek

Did you rip any mad skids?

Your pads might need a BBQ and your rotors a clean. Also check its all tight. Brakes can be loud when a little loose. Or maybe you have glazed the pads. Does the surface look like your hands?
So just stick them on a hotplate or camping stove until smokey. Everyone says isopropyl alcohol, can't I just use meth.
The baby oil seems to be working a treat, it was scented as well(la dee Da, flash) I probably will do the pads or swapthe slx crap onto it. But will meth work on said rotor

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Metho leaves behind a residue. Isopropyl evaporates off without leaving anything behind.