Tyres for my sister's road bike

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Try Hutchinson Fusion 3 tubeless. I found them great running tubeless. They did not flat often at all, and when they did it was a cut that would have opened an MTB tyre. Recommended.
Another option, will see how the 5000's go.

Yeah, none of mine got to the end without a few patches on the inside... Some glass holes just dont seal. I put it down to a roadie tubeless thing rather than a Schwobble thing. Will be keen to hear how the contis go.

I tossed my last set because the rubber cracked and was disintegrating before I'd worn them out - about 3 years old I reckon. Not stored outside. Clearly I need to up the annual kms!!
I have a few old tyres that are nowhere near worn out but have many cuts and numerous patches, I kept them in case of emergency but some of them have now cracked where they are stored.

The new Conti 5000's talk of this puncture resistant layer called Vectran Breaker.... will see soon how it actually goes as I seem to pick up my fair share of glass in the bike lanes. Adelaide is pretty good with most roads having bike lanes, they might just need the sweeper down them a bit more often.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Another option, will see how the 5000's go.

I have a few old tyres that are nowhere near worn out but have many cuts and numerous patches, I kept them in case of emergency but some of them have now cracked where they are stored.

The new Conti 5000's talk of this puncture resistant layer called Vectran Breaker.... will see soon how it actually goes as I seem to pick up my fair share of glass in the bike lanes. Adelaide is pretty good with most roads having bike lanes, they might just need the sweeper down them a bit more often.

View attachment 351610
It's just their version of a Kevlar weave layer. Not as good as a proper tyre liner. Probably tougher than the gossamer like Schwalbe Ones.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It's just their version of a Kevlar weave layer. Not as good as a proper tyre liner. Probably tougher than the gossamer like Schwalbe Ones.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
And probably tougher than nothing at all on the Pro One tubeless! I think Schwobble just decided sealant will cure all ills...

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Try Hutchinson Fusion 3 tubeless. I found them great running tubeless. They did not flat often at all, and when they did it was a cut that would have opened an MTB tyre. Recommended.
I've found the IRC Formula Pro X-Guard much better than the Fusion 3s. Better road feel and puncture resistance. The Fusion 3s always seem to delaminate where the tread joins the sidewall.

I really looking forward to trying the Conti 5000 tubeless tyres.