The last movie you've last watched last

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Captain Marvel with the kids.. It was meh.. Looked like they rushed it to get out before the final avengers.. Kids liked it though.. Ben Mendelsohn does a good job and has the ozzie accent laid on thick..

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yeah, who knew Skrulls had Aussie accents?

I liked it quite a bit. Slow to start, but it got better as it went along. And if you think the sad fanboys are carrying on now because "they turned Captain Marvel into a girl!", just wait until they get wind of...well, I'll say no more for now.

Minlak

custom titis
Yeah, who knew Skrulls had Aussie accents?

I liked it quite a bit. Slow to start, but it got better as it went along. And if you think the sad fanboys are carrying on now because "they turned Captain Marvel into a girl!", just wait until they get wind of...well, I'll say no more for now.
The only people complaining it’s a woman are idiots that just don’t know the real history of the comic books.
Carol Danvers has been around the Marvel Universe for decades; she actually debuted back in 1968 in the pages of Marvel Super Heroes #13. Working as a United States Air Force officer, she'd always been in contact with Mar-Vell, initially while he was using alter egos. In 1977, the revolutionary Ms. Marvel comic book series revamped her career. In this version, Danvers actually became a human-Kree hybrid, after being exposed to massive amounts of energy during an explosion that melded her genes with Mar-Vell's, effectively making her superhuman. The Ms. Marvel series was seen as a purposefully feminist comic book, which found Danvers fighting for equal pay when she was not superheroing; series writer Gerry Conway wrote that in Carol "you might see a parallel between her quest for identity, and the modern woman's quest for raised consciousness, for self-liberation, for identity."
For the next few decades, Ms. Marvel was a staple character in the Marvel Universe, but it wasn't until July of 2012 that Danvers officially assumed the position of Captain Marvel. Very quickly, Danvers not only became an Avenger, but she was also put in charge of S.W.O.R.D., an agency whos job is to protect the Earth from alien foes.”

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only people complaining it’s a woman are idiots that just don’t know the real history of the comic... QUOTE]

Yeah I maybe they are pissed that Mar-vell was a woman in the movie or that it was called captain marvel rather than Ms Marvell? Who knows, so many movies don’t take the story word for word from the comic source and fans get all pissy and upset..

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Carol Danvers has had the name Captain Marvel for several years now in the comics.

I don't care whether the movies follow the comics word-for-word. Mostly I don't want them to; a lot of that stuff is either incredibly convoluted, or downright silly (did anyone really want to see Matt Murdock's fictional 'twin brother' Mike in the Daredevil Netflix show, for instance?). As long as they tell fun, interesting stories that try to stick to the spirit of the characters (I'm glaring angrily at you, Man Of Steel), I'm happy.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I watched Mortal Engines on Saturday. I expected so much and the potential for that to be a really awesome series is there but it just went a bit cold. I loved the idea of cities being mobile and chasing other cities but that all kinda just stopped and fizzled out.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The Matrix. The 12yo lapped it up. He's starting to get into some seriously impressive fictional writing, so I thought it was time to broaden his scope of alternative realities. He's now answering questions like "do you have your shoes on?" with "I do if we're in the matrix" :)

I saw it when it was new, but Mrs George had deliberately avoided it, as she struggles to process alternate realities. She also doesn't understand how rockets move in space, but I digress. Blew her mind. I was in the dog house, but geez it was fun to watch :D

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Star Wars (the first one but in that stupid special edition format).

The Lad (age 9) had not seen it before and was keen to get into it since his mates at school blather on about it. I think he was impressed.

From my perspective, the remastering of the print and the additional CGI really don't help...

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I watched Mortal Engines on Saturday. I expected so much and the potential for that to be a really awesome series is there but it just went a bit cold. I loved the idea of cities being mobile and chasing other cities but that all kinda just stopped and fizzled out.
I have a similar sentiment... all I wanted was Hugo Weaving to turn around and say "Mr. Anderson"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Star Wars (the first one but in that stupid special edition format).

The Lad (age 9) had not seen it before and was keen to get into it since his mates at school blather on about it. I think he was impressed.

From my perspective, the remastering of the print and the additional CGI really don't help...
Did you get into the whole "Han shot first" discussion? If you proceed with the series, crawl the world wide Web (or just start at you tube) and you'll find some good quality rips where George's bull shit dabbling has been removed.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I get pleasure out of telling people I haven't seen Star Wars. If you are crawling the web, Harmy's Despecialized Edition is the one you're chasing.

Minlak

custom titis
I get pleasure out of telling people I haven't seen Star Wars. If you are crawling the web, Harmy's Despecialized Edition is the one you're chasing.
But have you actually not seen Star Wars? You're weird.
It’s depends on your age as well here. When I saw Star Wars there was only Star Wars. Younger people have the whole prequel thing to contend with. I have never seen any of the prequels. I also have never watched the Matrix.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It’s depends on your age as well here. When I saw Star Wars there was only Star Wars. Younger people have the whole prequel thing to contend with. I have never seen any of the prequels. I also have never watched the Matrix.
The Matrix is good but not the best thing ever, certainly worth watching for the effects and the soundtrack but the story is kinda out there.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The Matrix is good but not the best thing ever, certainly worth watching for the effects and the soundtrack but the story is kinda out there.
I like the story, but mainly because it borrows from William Gibson. Read Neuromancer - lots of the ideas from The Matrix were lifted from that book.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It's also 20 years old, still stands up to some of the half arsed rehash tripe coming out today.

It's the reality questioning story that I like about it.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Did you get into the whole "Han shot first" discussion? If you proceed with the series, crawl the world wide Web (or just start at you tube) and you'll find some good quality rips where George's bull shit dabbling has been removed.
It's like road biking. I'm interested but I don't care THAT much!