Little Things You Love

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I live with a vegetarian, and I can’t be arsed doing separate meals at home - hence veggie at home. It’s fine, she is a killer cook and I eat better than most.

Away from home my cognitive dissonance kicks in and I’ll enjoy a pie or something. About once a year I’ll get a steak craving...

But if I had to give up meat I’d be largely meh. Wouldn’t really faze me I think.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Obviously no farming knowledge. Growing vegetables and grains is a fuck load harder then hunting or fishing.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I don't know...there's times where if o had to rely on my fishing outcomes I would starve. Where as the last garden I had was practically self sufficient.

More proof that vegans are better educated:)
Well it is a trade.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Obviously no farming knowledge. Growing vegetables and grains is a fuck load harder then hunting or fishing.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Also, you can't store and transport meat terribly well. Being able to farm grains and vegetables meant being able to create stores of food, leading to higher population densities, which in turn led directly to societies being able to conduct wars and aggressive campaigns. So it's ironic that people are talking about how useless and wimpy people who don't eat meat are, whilst standing on the bones of an awful lot of slaughtered hunter-gatherers.

(Jared Diamond writes some interesting stuff about this in "Guns, Germs and Steel")

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't know...there's times where if o had to rely on my fishing outcomes I would starve. Where as the last garden I had was practically self sufficient.

Well it is a trade.
Fishing is seasonal and that's where all your dried fish meals would have come from.

Over fishing areas doesn't help any, when I was a kid we went to our favourite fishing spot where we would have caught a good feed for a family in less than a day. Trawlers and Pro netters just about take everything up here and a lot people keep undersize fish plus the fish sounders and gear is a lot more efficient.