The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

safreek

I found this Raleigh Technium minus a wheelset and a few bits a few months ago. Have tried to return it to its owner via facebook, gumtree and the local club putting the word out, but no one has claimed it.

Thinking I might clean it up and turn it into a second commuter.
Yeah, do it up. Don't spend a lot on the off chance someone decides to claim it

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Yeah, do it up. Don't spend a lot on the off chance someone decides to claim it
Ultimately I'd prefer to get it back to its original owner, but there's not much salvageable on it besides the frame. I found it on the banks of the Murray River in Albury. If anyone does know someone missing one, or maybe has Facebook and is in the retro MTB group, happy for you to post it up and refer people back to me to describe some components and claim it.

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Someone suggested that some followers on this thread may be interested to hear that I'm selling a non-vintage (03?) model bike with a pretty good Mavic D321 on it - which I'm becoming more willing to part out. There are also some other parts in my Garage Sale listings, aside from bits on that bike, which may be of interest. While I've been reluctant to lose this bike (it was my sole steed in Wollongong for many years and wasn't replaced until well after I moved to Melbourne in 2007), I need to free up the space - so I'm also now considering keeping the frame aside for a future build.

Attachments

safreek

Someone suggested that some followers on this thread may be interested to hear that I'm selling a non-vintage (03?) model bike with a pretty good Mavic D321 on it - which I'm becoming more willing to part out. There are also some other parts in my Garage Sale listings, aside from bits on that bike, which may be of interest. While I've been reluctant to lose this bike (it was my sole steed in Wollongong for many years and wasn't replaced until well after I moved to Melbourne in 2007), I need to free up the space - so I'm also now considering keeping the frame aside for a future build.
I am surprised that no-one has snapped this up, real nice looking frame. Obviously ht are no good in Melbourne. As stated, wish I was over there to get it

zac

Likes Dirt
I am surprised that no-one has snapped this up, real nice looking frame. Obviously ht are no good in Melbourne. As stated, wish I was over there to get it
If I was shorter, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. This and the Scirocco that was for sale down Melbourne way in December...

quannum

Likes Dirt
I’ve an older, maybe 2002, Kona Pahoehoe frame in the garage, medium (51cm) sized. Red orange colour. Some damage to top tube. Free for pickup from Gymea Bay NSW. I can post pics if anyone is keen.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
How on earth does someone end up with a 27 year old NOS bike?
That is good question and the flat yellow paintjob would be easier to redo than the psychedelic paint on most of the others in that GT era. It should also have Panaracer tyres for that time too.

Here is the real fixer upperer. It needs saving. If I was in Newcastle, I'd be all over it. Bravado's were high enough up the GT food chain.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waratah-west/men-s-bicycles/gt-bravado-21sp-mountain-bike/1204104004