The QUICK question thread.....

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Help guys, it won't stay up....

I mean the dropper post. I sit on it and it drops bit by bit. Recently bled. Goes up normal sped but not stupid fast.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Brand? Model? It's probably fucked and you need a new more expensive one
Can't seem to find any notable marking on it - it's 2015 vintage so I guess it's time. What's the verdict for a dropper these days? Just tell me what to buy and try to be gentle on the wallet :p

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Can't seem to find any notable marking on it - it's 2015 vintage so I guess it's time. What's the verdict for a dropper these days? Just tell me what to buy and try to be gentle on the wallet :p
Money-no-object?
Bike Yoke Revive.
Beautiful build qual, user bleeding function. Buy once, buy right.

Best Bang for yerr buck?
Brand-X/Trans-X dropper.
Cheap, strong, nothing fancy. Does the job really well.
Buy another one when it fails or throw a new cartridge in it.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
The X-Fusion ones look pretty good too.

Droppers all work good in the beginning but once they start to play up it seems to be the end of them or an expensive repair that's worth more than the dropper itself.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

I was kind of thinking brandX might be the way to go given the decent RB review. Not about to drop (hehe) $450 on a post. Might just do that then - too much overthinking. Thanks folks.
X-fusion manic. 1X lever and $150 delivered from Cycling Deal. Internal though.

I hereby summon the knowledge wizards of rotorburn and humbly request the sharing of thy wisdom and zings.

Replacing Shimano XT brake pads.

I am currently running the ones with the fins, LBS wanted $60 a pair, twice the price sans finz, so I'll use the non finned jobbies, but

What are my chances of de-finning my worn pads and combo-ing it with my new finless pads, in the interest of sustainability (of my wallet) ?

moorey

call me Mia
Zero. Probably. Good luck.

Buy online a lot cheaper than $60, or use no finned. I often run finned on rear only...heavy rear braker here.

moorey

call me Mia
Bugger. Could express post you a set if you’re desperate.
The way I ride, I really don’t notice any improvement...I just think they look prettier.