What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Made a Reba-lation frankenfork the other day. Rev lowers, Reba uppers with Rev internals. All because I wanted a straight steerer and 15x100mm axle.
What's the lower bushing overlap like? Last time I compared Reba and Rev uppers the Rebas had much shorter stanchions. Original Reba/Revs might be the same though. Any details on which versions?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Very nice. Just needs a hole drilled for an internally routed dropper.
Thank you sir. Can't say I've heard of such things.

I wanted a simple bunch of fun with decent and known working bits plus must be lightweight. Came out close to what I was aiming for.

DSC_1996.jpg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I've been continuing to fine tune the Spitty. My Crest wheels use a Specialized 142+ rear hub which in typical Specialized "lets just be different for the hell of it" has the cassette on the drive side spaced 2mm further out, in theory to give a better spoke bracing angle on the drive side. I suppose it gets you 2/3 of the way to Boost without needing a new frame, but it does have the side effect that on certain frames/dropouts the cassette lockring can rub or foul the frame/dropout.

Long and the short of it, on the Spitty it only clears by a bees dick which is not ideal. As a result, today I took the dropout off, stuck it* (literally) in my CNC machining center and machined a 1mm deep recess 32mm in diameter centered around the axle. This won't affect the strength of the dropout and there's still plenty of meat left to provide a positive stop on the endcap when inserting the wheel. (* for little machining jobs like this where the workpiece is hard to clamp but has a suitable flat surface, I will stick it down to the table using blue 3M masking tape and superglue - works a treat).

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Quick check of tyre pressure before riding with the family to the shops resulted in 20 min strip and clean of a tubeless valve core. Couldn’t for the life of me get the valve tip to release without it coming out of the stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Those scales are a bit 'how ya going' :).
Indeed they are pretty average and is usually kept for luggage only. I think optimistically it is a bit lighter :)
Digital scales would be a great addition but I'll bet the batteries would go flat by the time I use it...Doh...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Indeed they are pretty average and is usually kept for luggage only. I think optimistically it is a bit lighter :)
Digital scales would be a great addition but I'll bet the batteries would go flat by the time I use it...Doh...
I've got those exact scales too, got to bounce the load around and get a median measurement.

Get an external routed dropper, I prefer not to drill holes in good frames either.