Five Ten shortage in Australia?

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I went to order some 5.10 shoes off Mountain Bikes Direct the other week but couldn't due to a distinct lack of sizes. My local climbing gym has had to stop carrying there climbing shoes because they can't get them in.

Does anyone know what the local retail situation is? I've heard Adidas may be managing it but it's just clothing on their Aussie site (the US Adidas Outdoors has them though).

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I want to know what's happened to the Freerider High-tops, they're my favourite shoes but they seem to have been discontinued altogether. Really hoping they bring them back as I love the lateral ankle support they give. I've got a mate that also picked up a pair who rates them highly too.

Just about everywhere that sells them online has "reviews" left by others asking when they're going to come back into stock by people desperate to buy a replacement set!

If I could find somewhere that stocked my size I'd buy several pairs just to stash them for later!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ol’ mate at mortdale bike shed told me they were changing manufacturing facilities and will now be actually made in adidas/nike (cant remember which..... i haven’t had a coffee yet dont hate me) and thats why they’ll be delayed abit.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ol’ mate at mortdale bike shed told me they were changing manufacturing facilities and will now be actually made in adidas/nike (cant remember which..... i haven’t had a coffee yet dont hate me) and thats why they’ll be delayed abit.
Sounds about right, new models are already coming from the Adidas facilities, I bought a pair of fivetennies that have Adidas branding on the insoles alongside the Five Ten branding.

sbm

Likes Bikes
Goss I heard from the climbing side. I have an old mate who manages a rock climbing store.

The original 5.10 guys who knew all the ins and outs of the rubber and the shoes, have all left Addidas, and started a new company Unparallel Sports. At the same time the original factory that was making 5.10 stuff is also no longer doing it. Addidas is starting from scratch with the brand with nothing but a couple of jotted down rubber recipes.

They no longer stock 5.10 climbing shoes, and he spoke as though the brand was dead and buried, and told me to look at Unparallel.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve not been able to find any 5tens in Australia over size 10uk for ages. I’m a size 12.
Even when they appear at Chain reaction or other OS stores they must be in tiny batches as they sell out super quick then don’t have anymore for the rest of the season.
5 ten or adidas or whoever the hell it is sure ain’t doing themselves any favours with all these other good brands popping up.
Which is why I’ve started looking elsewhere now.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haven't been able to find a new spitfire either. been through 3 pairs as the most comfortable casual shoe I ever found for my fat feet. freerider canvas is a bit firm in the sole to be as good for general use.