Fucking Zwift

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
We're having no end of issues with sensors dropping out on Zwift. Presently the setup is an Elite trainer with the Misuro B+ sensor and it was going fine until our free trial ran out and we took out a prescription. Now the sensor is "connected" but has "No Signal" on Zwift. Neither on Companion or the PC. The Wahoo TICKR shows up fine on both. The PC shows the ANT+ dongle working fine. I've tried new batteries, restarts and re-pairing. It starts for about 3 minutes and then drops out. It's making my wife very cranky, which in turn, makes me scared...... :eek:
Anyone have any issues????
Next step is to buy a Wahoo dual band Speed/cadence sensor...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Can't help with Zwift or the smart trainer specifically, but have you disconnected / turned off all other bluethooth connections to the device you are using zwift on? Is the paid version of Zwift transferring different/more data fields than the free version was?

DMan

Can't help with Zwift or the smart trainer specifically, but have you disconnected / turned off all other bluethooth connections to the device you are using zwift on? Is the paid version of Zwift transferring different/more data fields than the free version was?
Yep. Only running ANT+ sensor/dongle as my laptop doesn't have bluetooth. I don't know and that's what I'm wondering. It's strange as it worked perfectly with the free version.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Yep. Only running ANT+ sensor/dongle as my laptop doesn't have bluetooth. I don't know and that's what I'm wondering. It's strange as it worked perfectly with the free version.
Can you 'log out' and try a free version again?

DMan

Can you 'log out' and try a free version again?
I did think of that. I could start an account for myself as at the moment only my wife is signed up. The only other thing I can try is making sure the laptop is closer to the ANT+ dongle. Apparently they can be a bit sensitive if they are too far away. It's only about 2m away but I'll try putting the computer right next to the sensor.

Quency

Likes Dirt
I did think of that. I could start an account for myself as at the moment only my wife is signed up. The only other thing I can try is making sure the laptop is closer to the ANT+ dongle. Apparently they can be a bit sensitive if they are too far away. It's only about 2m away but I'll try putting the computer right next to the sensor.
Most likely the range on the Ant+ sensor is the issue. USB extension cord is the way to go; get the dongle right next to the sensor.
I had similar issues. a lot of signal drops outs mid ride. was sorted as soon as i got the dongle closer to the sensor

Binaural

Eats Squid
Probably interference from other nearby electrical devices - I note that Zwift has a page on these and ways to avoid them.

teK--

Eats Squid
Most likely the range on the Ant+ sensor is the issue. USB extension cord is the way to go; get the dongle right next to the sensor.
I had similar issues. a lot of signal drops outs mid ride. was sorted as soon as i got the dongle closer to the sensor
This. The sensors on the bike once battery starts depleting will cause a dramatic reduction in signal strength at the USB dongle.

I run a very short extension cable like 1m so the dongle is just under my chainstay/sensor, and and sit the laptop just away from the bike. I also use a HDMI cable to get the image on tv as I find the Chromecast can cause interference.

Now I get zero dropouts.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll echo the above. When I was using an ANT+ dongle I needed it right next to the bike to prevent dropouts. Bluetooth has been much more reliable.

DMan

I'll echo the above. When I was using an ANT+ dongle I needed it right next to the bike to prevent dropouts. Bluetooth has been much more reliable.
I've tried that. The dongle is literally humping the sensor. I've just bought a nice little Elite Smart trainer anyway 2nd hand. Bluetooth and ANT so hopefully that'll sort the connection issues...

DMan

It was the sensor. I borrowed a mate's Garmin speed sensor and it hooked up fine