Sick Bicycle Co. Deathwish

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So i posted a little about a frame that i ordered in another thread but i thought the build deserved its own thread.

Basically these two douche bags in the uk had some interesting new school ideas around designing mtb frames but for reasons unknown dropped the ball, didn't deliver pre order frames and have not paid a manufacturer over in Peru. The company, Marino Bikes have decided to clear all sick frames to pay for the costs they incurred making them.

I picked one up for $550US without a shock which i thought was a pretty good price given what sick are asking for them. This was the only dual suspension frame they are clearing but they also have Wulf hardtail frames available for $320US.

There is very little information about these frames online and everything i have found i got directly from Marino. I thought to share it all in the one place for anyone interested.

29" cromo frame
31.6 seat tube with internal routing
44mm head tube
140mm travel
200x57 shock size. 22.2mmm mounting hardware
145mm rear axle spacing. Ships with 2 axles to accommodate boost or 142 rear spacing, The cromo can flex.
Ships with seat post clamp, boost and non boost axles and 5 spare hangers.

I originally ordered the army green shock as i thought i could only get this or raw with a black rear triangle. After further chats with Marino he said they would be happy to custom paint it whatever colour i wanted as there are frames still being built. Since i am boring i went with black.

Last edited:

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice. Look forward to seeing the full build!
It's going to be a slow burn.

3-5 weeks for the frame and will share the majority of parts with my insurgent (my favourite bike of all time that I love more and more each time I ride it).

I just need to keep an eye out for a dirt cheap 29" fork and wheelset.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Mine is very similar in terms of tube lay out ... but mine has a more trail focused 65Deg HA with a 78deg STA and adjustable chainstay lengths via horizontal dropouts. I think my numbers are bang on ... but my partners think it should be slacker ... be interested to hear what you think of 62deg ... from memory I think you are in the Brisbane areas? Or SEQ

A little disappointed on build quality, but meh. Gotta expect that from Peruvian Gold.

Anywho, have fun ... definitely one to hang on the wall once it’s flogged :)

moorey

call me Mia
I know there are more seat post sizes than anyone can remember but I thought there were fewer used these days, cant recall when I have heard of a size beyond 27.2, 30.9 and 31.6. At least you can get plenty of choice in that size.
Scott and GT, maybe others, do 34.9.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice one @Nerf Herder did you get the frame built to your specifications by Marino?

I too would love to see some pics of your rig.

I'm based in Melbourne but happy for anyone to throws leg over it if the stars align in any local riding haunts.

I originally thought mine had the sliding dropouts system but from speaking to Marino (English is not his first language but better than my spanish) I think it was changed for my model.

After comparing the geometry to my insurgent it is definitely longer and slacker with a steeper sta but not as long as the pole evolink 158 I was comparing it to.

Certainly will be an interesting unique ride. Probably going to get some 2.8 minions and run it plus until I can fun a new (to me) fork and wheelset

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
sorry to Hijack your thread Drizzle

We ( the polygamist crew) did several frames, direct from The Peruvian ... some 29” HTs, some 29” Duallies, a 27.5” with the same numbers as the 29” DS ... and a DH bike lol.

Think of it as a Peruvian Pole with Aussie characteristics with some Irish influences. We’ve had ours for several months so definitely have a good understanding of what’s what.

As a bit off buyer beware. $550++ was pretty good for what we wanted. But be very clear what you want and if you are looking for true modern XL long and slack ... confirm tube lengths and see if you will get what you want. You may want to ask in several different ways so you can cross check the answers.

We then basically did this at the last Taiwan show ...

Video is pretty close to reality...

So @wkkie yep the dream is to create something that is our own, but we are a little distracted with several other priorities right now ... but slowly slowly.

Sorry again with the thread spam @the drizzle ... hopefully around your way in Aug ... be good to meet and greet. I wanna try 62deg just to validate:p

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
sorry to Hijack your thread Drizzle

We ( the polygamist crew) did several frames, direct from The Peruvian ... some 29” HTs, some 29” Duallies, a 27.5” with the same numbers as the 29” DS ... and a DH bike lol.

Think of it as a Peruvian Pole with Aussie characteristics with some Irish influences. We’ve had ours for several months so definitely have a good understanding of what’s what.

As a bit off buyer beware. $550++ was pretty good for what we wanted. But be very clear what you want and if you are looking for true modern XL long and slack ... confirm tube lengths and see if you will get what you want. You may want to ask in several different ways so you can cross check the answers.

We then basically did this at the last Taiwan show ...

Video is pretty close to reality...

So @wkkie yep the dream is to create something that is our own, but we are a little distracted with several other priorities right now ... but slowly slowly.

Sorry again with the thread spam @the drizzle ... hopefully around your way in Aug ... be good to meet and greet. I wanna try 62deg just to validate:p
If marino gets abit side tracked, can vouch for Roberto in Arequipa. My armybikeco frame is one frame I regret selling,and there's been a pretty long list of bikes over the last 15 years. Nothing ever went wrong, it rode well, all the ones I know of are still ridden today 7 years later. If they did a mini version of their new dh rig I'd be here in a heart beat in raw..also got majin too, been at it for a hell of long time.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
also got majin too
I tried getting a frame from them recently. Messenger, email and WhatsApp, and they would initially make contact and answer 1 or 2 questions, but then nothing after that. In the end I ended up having to get something else, just due to zero communication.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I tried getting a frame from them recently. Messenger, email and WhatsApp, and they would initially make contact and answer 1 or 2 questions, but then nothing after that. In the end I ended up having to get something else, just due to zero communication.
That's a shame, sounds like they haven't changed in the last 10 years then. I loved his old work, tried to get one of his old adjustable frames but had that same issue.