What does your day look like?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Handrails, slim steel top rail with horizontal SS wire. Doesn't meet code but meh, we don't have kids.

Slide will have to take a back seat :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
House looks good, but the slide should take front seat!

What is it about rainy days that sends forth hordes of fuckwits?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

23 fixings (twice as many as required), gal bugle screws also conformally coated before installation, 3mm packers between the house bearer & ledger board, heavy bitumen coating on the house bearer & predrilled holes before installation plus bitumen coating on inside horizontal areas for corrosion control.

Also pulled the post to open up drain holes & heavy coating of anticorrosion paint.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Looking good!

More importantly through, you haven’t overdone it and cooked your shoulder so you can’t ride have you? Them dirt jumps are waiting mate......

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Fuck trying to stick to the speed limit in that...I need glasses to just see the increments on that speedo.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

A bit of a review, if you don't want to read it move on...

So what do you get for your $800k? Not a lot really. Alloys of iron, aluminium and titanium, some rubber, plastic, a splash of leather, lashings of carbon fibre, 700 horses and enough titanium scaffolding to help hifi build his deck.

First off it is both like and unlike the GT3RS that was the owners previous 911. The steering and feel of the cockpit is the same but that is where it ends. The suspension is fully rose jointed so you feel every little dimple on the road. You feel it through the steering wheel and through the seat. It is loud inside. The engine sound and the suspension and tyre noise drowns out anything else when the revs are about a fast idle. It drones on the freeway above 80kph such that you go for the quietest exhaust mode.

The brakes have better feel than the GT3RS and bite immediately, there is no oh fuck where are the brakes moment. Supposedly the same kit so there has been some development there. Strangely it feels less crowded than the GT3RS but I think that is because the interior is all black and grey and you just don't see the cage sitting there in the mirrors. For a modern turbo engine it has noticeable turbo lag. The turbos are made for power not finesse.

The engine note isn't up the standard of the GT3RS which would have to be one of the best sounds I have heard an engine make. The GT2RS sounds good, not at all like the 911 turbo which sounds like a depressed duck farting through a straw. It doesn't pop or crackle as much as my car but it still sounds nice and throaty.

It is notably faster than its GT3RS brother (or sister or non gender based sibling). I think officially it is 0.3 seconds faster to 100 from stationary but the way the acceleration keeps going is the biggest difference. Once you hit the torque curve it just pushes and pushes.

The GT3RS was a much smoother and compliant drive which is a crazy thing to say about a car capable of over 300kph. This though is a different animal. The GT3 was a track car for the road, this is a track car and if you want to take it on the road then live with it because there is no compromise.

When my mate first picked the car up he sent me a text which said "mate wait until you drive this, it is fucking mental". This is a fair summary.

Carbon fibre everything. Bonnet, front guards, roof, engine cover, wing and the interior is mostly carbon fibre. It is beautifully done too. Only the bonnet and wing are unpainted. The engine is hidden by a bolted on carbon cover so opening the engine bay is something of a let down.

A nice touch is the GT2RS in the forged wheel.

This car is the "povo pack" of the GT2RS fame with a few extras (like the cage, ICE, track timer and custom paint) other options included rear body in carbon fibre, titanium wheels etc etc.

Oh and I have heard that it gets sideways easily. Not that I noticed. More than 7 times. Honest. I have no doubt that it will punish the incompetent or the lazy but not as badly as the first GT2, that car sadly earned its nickname.

This car will be tracked so I will post shots when I have some. For now these are all I am sharing.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

A bit of a review, if you don't want to read it move on...

So what do you get for your $800k? Not a lot really. Alloys of iron, aluminium and titanium, some rubber, plastic, a splash of leather, lashings of carbon fibre, 700 horses and enough titanium scaffolding to help hifi build his deck.

First off it is both like and unlike the GT3RS that was the owners previous 911. The steering and feel of the cockpit is the same but that is where it ends. The suspension is fully rose jointed so you feel every little dimple on the road. You feel it through the steering wheel and through the seat. It is loud inside. The engine sound and the suspension and tyre noise drowns out anything else when the revs are about a fast idle. It drones on the freeway above 80kph such that you go for the quietest exhaust mode.

The brakes have better feel than the GT3RS and bite immediately, there is no oh fuck where are the brakes moment. Supposedly the same kit so there has been some development there. Strangely it feels less crowded than the GT3RS but I think that is because the interior is all black and grey and you just don't see the cage sitting there in the mirrors. For a modern turbo engine it has noticeable turbo lag. The turbos are made for power not finesse.

The engine note isn't up the standard of the GT3RS which would have to be one of the best sounds I have heard an engine make. The GT2RS sounds good, not at all like the 911 turbo which sounds like a depressed duck farting through a straw. It doesn't pop or crackle as much as my car but it still sounds nice and throaty.

It is notably faster than its GT3RS brother (or sister or non gender based sibling). I think officially it is 0.3 seconds faster to 100 from stationary but the way the acceleration keeps going is the biggest difference. Once you hit the torque curve it just pushes and pushes.

The GT3RS was a much smoother and compliant drive which is a crazy thing to say about a car capable of over 300kph. This though is a different animal. The GT3 was a track car for the road, this is a track car and if you want to take it on the road then live with it because there is no compromise.

When my mate first picked the car up he sent me a text which said "mate wait until you drive this, it is fucking mental". This is a fair summary.

Carbon fibre everything. Bonnet, front guards, roof, engine cover, wing and the interior is mostly carbon fibre. It is beautifully done too. Only the bonnet and wing are unpainted. The engine is hidden by a bolted on carbon cover so opening the engine bay is something of a let down.

A nice touch is the GT2RS in the forged wheel.

This car is the "povo pack" of the GT2RS fame with a few extras (like the cage, ICE, track timer and custom paint) other options included rear body in carbon fibre, titanium wheels etc etc.

Oh and I have heard that it gets sideways easily. Not that I noticed. More than 7 times. Honest. I have no doubt that it will punish the incompetent or the lazy but not as badly as the first GT2, that car sadly earned its nickname.

This car will be tracked so I will post shots when I have some. For now these are all I am sharing.
Is there a FIA GT2 category of racing in Australia? I thought we just had Porsche cup and the occasional endurance race at Bathurst.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Couple of days in, and calf is like a rock still. Swelling isn't going down. Time for an xray. Not sure if it's ankle, torn calf muscle, or knee damage. Let the fun begin.
Ouch, lather up with the Hirudoid. Does wonders for damage to meaty bits.

Heal up soon sir and don't do that again, y'hear.....

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk