2020 Bike Models & Pricing..

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don’t know if anyone else has been caught by the what’s coming up next season bug but today I found out the following...

Trek has released the new Top Fuel model. Basically a marathon/trail bike - bumped the travel up to 115mm and put a 120mm Fork on. Nothing outstanding here however here is the kicker... The Top Fuel 8 is retailing for $4499. Alumium frame, nx drivetrain, bontrager bits and a rockshox recon Fork. Yes a recon...

FMD are they having a laugh? The 2019 model (with less travel but basically the same spec) was RRP $3499 still over priced but at least palatable if you can get a deal...

I rang a dealer to enquire thinking there must of been some mistake - he assured me the RRP was right and proceeded to then admit he probably won’t sell many of them to anyone who knows anything to a little about bikes...

He gave me the spiel about the dollar etc, I said sure the dollars fallen 10% no quite sure how that equates to a almost 3 times that in price rise.

Was interested now just mystified...

Anyway rant over - be nice to put all 2020 info in one place...

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Don’t know if anyone else has been caught by the what’s coming up next season bug but today I found out the following...

Trek has released the new Top Fuel model. Basically a marathon/trail bike - bumped the travel up to 115mm and put a 120mm Fork on. Nothing outstanding here however here is the kicker... The Top Fuel 8 is retailing for $4499. Alumium frame, nx drivetrain, bontrager bits and a rockshox recon Fork. Yes a recon...

FMD are they having a laugh? The 2019 model (with less travel but basically the same spec) was RRP $3499 still over priced but at least palatable if you can get a deal...

I rang a dealer to enquire thinking there must of been some mistake - he assured me the RRP was right and proceeded to then admit he probably won’t sell many of them to anyone who knows anything to a little about bikes...

He gave me the spiel about the dollar etc, I said sure the dollars fallen 10% no quite sure how that equates to a almost 3 times that in price rise.

Was interested now just mystified...

Anyway rant over - be nice to put all 2020 info in one place...
Is it the same deal in US?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
recon air (gold) or coil (silver)
my big tip is coil forks will make a big comeback, not just in 160mm but will trickle down to 100/120mm

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting, another bloke today was having a moan about 2020 pricing, but for road bikes. Again it was a trek in the discussion!
Have to see what some of the other main players do.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I was just about to say the price increase is from too many people using the Bupa discount.
You might be spot on. I have never owned a Trek and only charge my 6 monthly dental check to Bupa.

Just blame Lance Armstrong :)

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am a bit concerned the Aussie Peso may continue to dive and this situation gets worse (although you could definitely argue it's better for much of the economy) multiple rate cuts ...only one thing for it buy now!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
At Nove Mesto a couple of weeks ago the Trek riders were riding with something new wrapped up. Then read this article a week or so later.

They must think there's a market to squeeze the top fuel up a bit and a lightweight whippet bike under it... wont be cheap regardless.

Flow-Rider

Burner
No they just went up less.
Here's how it works. When the dollers good, we have heaps more to spend so they only put it up a little to cover double inflation. When the dollers bad, they put it up a lot to offset the less number of people buying. It's not that hard people. Basic Mafs.
I've seen this happen for years and years with Automotive stuff in Australia and someone just profiteers from the conversion rate, they always harp on about old stock but it's BS a lot of the times. Australian's are just bad at spending and they know they can get the money out of people. When our dollar was higher than the US dollar a few years back we still imported cars and sold them at almost twice the price as they were in the US.

jrewing

Eats Squid
No they just went up less.
Here's how it works. When the dollers good, we have heaps more to spend so they only put it up a little to cover double inflation. When the dollers bad, they put it up a lot to offset the less number of people buying. It's not that hard people. Basic Mafs.
I like recessions...