The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
^^^ Which is why I find it utterly ridiculous when the CC deniers are saying that CC is a conspiracy & the FF shouldn't be concerned!!!!

Humans be stoopid.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
They are neither ignorant nor stupid. They are educated, smart and extremely motivated to achieve the economic goals they consider the major marker of success and value.

I might have mentioned this before, but I've had a few (repeated) social encounters with LNP advisers and other members of this ilk. They are all smart and educated and very nice people in their own worlds. Its not that they dont know about climate change and other environmental issues and they dont really actively try to knock it down unless its gets directly in their way.

They just quite simply dont care. And in my humble view that makes it so much worse.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I seem to recall a certain move to Armidale that didn't go well.

The ATO has a facility in Gosford NSW that has taken ages to get up.

This particular peanut is seeming to suggest moving the policy wonks away from their relevant ministers. I'm curious how this might work out both politically and practically. Especially since the department heads will have to be in Canberra...and their staff will be 'elsewhere'.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I seem to recall a certain move to Armidale that didn't go well.

The ATO has a facility in Gosford NSW that has taken ages to get up.

This particular peanut is seeming to suggest moving the policy wonks away from their relevant ministers. I'm curious how this might work out both politically and practically. Especially since the department heads will have to be in Canberra...and their staff will be 'elsewhere'.
The ATO commissioner is based in Sydney so there are some changes happening to the old Canberra Centric way for department heads.

Our department has all the technology not to travel but people still want to cash their travel entitlements and avoid their families.

I do miss our work trips to Stromlo, sorry Canberra :p

I would have thought John Loyd would be the last person you would listen to on the direction of the PS given his exit from the PS.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I would have thought John Loyd would be the last person you would listen to on the direction of the PS given his exit from the PS.
You and I wouldn’t listen to him, but there are plenty in positions of authority that do...

Last edited by a moderator:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Decentralisation isn't a bad thing. I always noticed a different workforce culture among the Canberra counterparts I dealt with. The age old department hopping ladder climbers were a particular issue, aggression + promoted beyond competency rarely makes a good el2 (certainly not all of them, but enough to notice the issue).