Just about ready to give up on cane creek. Dbair stuck down

moorey

call me Mia
Found out what the problem was, gunk in the negative side that stopped it from eqaulizing properly. Pulled down one side and cleaned it, went to pull down the other side and put pressure where I shouldn't have

Well fuck

I didn't mind breaking one while riding, that's acceptable. Breaking one on the workbench is entirely shit though.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Bugger. I have a 200x57 due a service, you can have cheap if needed.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bugger. I have a 200x57 due a service, you can have cheap if needed.
Thanks mate, colour me interested!
When you say due for a service, do you mean "it's been a while so should probably go in" or "it's got issues"

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks mate, colour me interested!
When you say due for a service, do you mean "it's been a while so should probably go in" or "it's got issues"

That’s how I bought it a month or so ago...I’ve never used it...bought it to service and keep as a spare for when others are being serviced...but I have 3 other good 200x57’s anyway...so it was just silly. (Preaching to the choir). Spitty runs same shock. It was NSD’d a few hours ago, so it’s good for a while.
I can test it if you like, but don’t know any more. Guy just said ‘due a service’.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Plankosaurus, we need to find you a shock with a 25mm damper rod so something else bends first, that’s rotten luck.

Best you send to NSDynamics, I’m not tooled up for CCDBA (even though I have Poodles on my Glory and it makes more noises that a Toyota Camry with no oil) and getting another rod is challenging, Cane Creek have made this a closed shop affair.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Plankosaurus, we need to find you a shock with a 25mm damper rod so something else bends first, that’s rotten luck.

Best you send to NSDynamics, I’m not tooled up for CCDBA (even though I have Poodles on my Glory and it makes more noises that a Toyota Camry with no oil) and getting another rod is challenging, Cane Creek have made this a closed shop affair.
nah, i made my own luck here, that was allllll me

i have another rod for my 216x63, i have a whole host of good parts for that one. its the vacuum bleeding stuff thats going to be completely out of my ability and tooling. i found a thread that explains it. id be pretty chuffed if i could get that up and runnning as a spare.

and i was thinking i could possibly run an extension on the 200x57 - have a hollow thread extension made up and cut a new thread onto the end of the current shaft. since i only need a 200x50 for this and a couple of other bikes, if i can keep the loss of travel down to 7mm i'd be laughing.