VIC Lysterfield Park

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I was naughty one time and carefully took the dogpound descent as a shortcut
That isn't as bad as it sounds. Dogpound is fast, but it's quite wide to avoid a collision and there is pretty long line of sight. I rekon I've had closer calls with oncoming at lower buckle (I have done this CW and it's surprisingly pretty good) and hug.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have never ridden anywhere else that has so many grumpy men... They are always riding alone and don't seem to be having much fun riding at all .
If you say g’day to them they look at you like you have just shat on their dog. The ebike riders are at a whole new level of arsehole out there. Take the worst of a lysterfield rider and amplify it with a motor..

slowmick

38-39"
My mates and I bet on how many people will be stopped on the jump at the bottom of the IMBA trail. Best morning was 5 people. It seems to be the trail junction everyone likes to stop at.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Wow, reading the last few pages I'm kinda glad I've done my best to avoid Lysterfield as much as possible over the last 4 or so years.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
On a mission down snipe yesterday, probably a sub 50 second run, I come across a kid on a 16” bike mid track. Appropriate track to have a kid on dad.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
On a mission down snipe yesterday, probably a sub 50 second run, I come across a kid on a 16” bike mid track. Appropriate track to have a kid on dad.
Was this around 10.30-11am? If so I nearly ran over dad's mobile and picked it up for him as well.

slowmick

38-39"
Yesterday was a very family oriented day at Lysterfield - there were small kids and parents and 20+ year old enduro dudes with their nervous looking grey haired dads noodling on Buckle. I am up very quick on a small kid on snipe. There is a lot of places for them to hide along the trail if you are motoring. Went again this morning with a mate. Even though it like we were the only 2 riders in the park there were still 2 people stopped on the landing of the jump at the bottom of the IMBA trail. They may was well paint parking bays on the track at that point.

teK--

Eats Squid
I'm intrigued as to where is this jump at the bottom of the imba trail... I want to take a packed lunch and picnic rug some time

slowmick

38-39"
The IMBA track (i believe that's it's name) is the switchbacks that run down the hill from the turn off to follow me down to Upper buckle. There is a few rocks on the right hand side to jump onto Upper buckle. Nothing serious it just seems to attract people to stand there and chat.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It used to be called Bermicide IIRC. It's a nice trail to ride when there's very little traffic from top to bottom. Not challenging in any way but it can be flowy.

And people always congregate there as the trail splits on the way up, one way to Dog Pound, the other to Follow Me. Perhaps it's to take a breather or to ensure slower riders in the crew don't get lost?

And I agree, there are loads of grumpy riders at Lysterfield. You cede the trail for them and they just glide through like royalty, no thanks or acknowledgement. You say Hi, and they're just pedalling off.

teK--

Eats Squid
The IMBA track (i believe that's it's name) is the switchbacks that run down the hill from the turn off to follow me down to Upper buckle. There is a few rocks on the right hand side to jump onto Upper buckle. Nothing serious it just seems to attract people to stand there and chat.

View attachment 353604
Oh yeah I think the segment is called Farmboys descent. Agree there is always a congregation there . If there is still enough room to do the jump I'll make sure I tyre tap one of them

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
And I agree, there are loads of grumpy riders at Lysterfield. You cede the trail for them and they just glide through like royalty, no thanks or acknowledgement. You say Hi, and they're just pedalling off.
F*** I thought that was just me. I know it's something that should just be shrugged off but it does give me a bit of a downer being surrounded by so many mute and / or rude dickheads, especially when you move off the track so their shitty ebike can go past. Just another reason to ride Red Hill instead - off the charts for friendly people, probably because the place demands respect and all trails are one way.