Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I love the compulsory conversation with the paint & rust protection person.

Trying to explain to her why a Lotus cannot rust was weird & annoying.

But...but...how is paint and rust protection not something that new cars automatically come with? That just sounds really wierd, as someonethat doesn't car.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
They all come with paint, it's just another layer of clear paint.

What I want is automatic dirt repulsion. Wouldn't have to wash the bloody thing then

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I would've thought that car washing was prohibited in your locality?
I think it is. But we're outside the town limits so classified as a rural property, with a different set of water use rules. Our water isn't even treated, we literally draw it from a channel in front of our house that's filled direct from the river, fish and all.

Still don't wash the thing though. Probably twice a year at most.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Dodging massive dog turds in the long grass on the back lawn while playing with my daughter. Mostly because we don't have a fucking dog. There was old ones and fresh ones. If my wife goes out there she'll want gates by the end of the week.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I'd be having a conversation with the dogs owner. Then maybe a conversation with the council about a nuisance animal. If that doesn't work there is always the ol' chicken liver and rat bait trick.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Dodging massive dog turds in the long grass on the back lawn while playing with my daughter. Mostly because we don't have a fucking dog. There was old ones and fresh ones. If my wife goes out there she'll want gates by the end of the week.
Fuck that. Bad enough if it's your own dog.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A friend of mine had two beautiful pure bred Alsatians. These were breeders and very well treated with plenty of walks and run time. She had a huge back yard with high fences and the dogs never roamed alone. A few houses away was a guy with a couple of little mutts. These just wandered wherever and would shit in the unfenced front yard. Probably a power thing. Friend went to the owner whose attitude was well a dog's gotta shit. Council wouldnt do anything and said the dogs were never roaming when they patrolled. So my friend picked up and stored a years worth of dog shit. On the next Christmas day she walked up to old mate's house with a box all wrapped up like a present. He was entertaining so there were lots of people there. She knocked on the door and when he came out to say Merry Christmas she upended the box on his head. Over 700 dog turds in various states from dusty white to fresh that morning fell on him.

DMan

A friend of mine had two beautiful pure bred Alsatians. These were breeders and very well treated with plenty of walks and run time. She had a huge back yard with high fences and the dogs never roamed alone. A few houses away was a guy with a couple of little mutts. These just wandered wherever and would shit in the unfenced front yard. Probably a power thing. Friend went to the owner whose attitude was well a dog's gotta shit. Council wouldnt do anything and said the dogs were never roaming when they patrolled. So my friend picked up and stored a years worth of dog shit. On the next Christmas day she walked up to old mate's house with a box all wrapped up like a present. He was entertaining so there were lots of people there. She knocked on the door and when he came out to say Merry Christmas she upended the box on his head. Over 700 dog turds in various states from dusty white to fresh that morning fell on him.
Brave lady. Did he press charges?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Left keys in 3rd floor apartment for the first time, can't get in. Apartment manager won't let me being just a renter. Hangin around on crutches waiting for someone who isn't a Kent, then it's just a matter of 3 sets of stairs as evelator is fbog use only.

DMan

Like driving over some one to return their stolen car?

I feel like the Alsatian character was developed in your story but I didn't receive closure at the end. Surely they could have eaten the mutts to justify their presence in the story line.
I did like the "A Friend of mine.." start. Sure... I have to admit I thought that them getting eaten would be the twist at the end too.
I have one of those stories..

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
printers and the dodgy tricks to make you buy ink. I've not printed anything that wasn't in black and white this year, yet I'm out of all the coloured ink, and it wont print in black and white until I replace it. I have a backlog of double sized black ink cartridges as it doesn't make use of it to print black