Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The Alfa did 6.4 litres per 100 driving to Launceston from Canberra on one tank. Who needs diesel...?

Next few days on back roads in Tassie I hope to significantly increase that number :)
You took your bike didn’t you? (The real one, not your roadie).

Tasmanian roads a re gorgeous. Jealous af right now

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You took your bike didn’t you? (The real one, not your roadie).

Tasmanian roads a re gorgeous. Jealous af right now
No, I brought the roadie - have a date with Mt Wellington on Saturday. No mountain biking this trip - this is a dark mofo culture absorbing trip ;)

Am heading out to Strathgordon tomorrow - roads by God. Damp though, so will endeavour to avoid an imminent tale of the Alfa being put in a ditch...

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
No, I brought the roadie - have a date with Mt Wellington on Saturday. No mountain biking this trip - this is a dark mofo culture absorbing trip ;)
I’m still upset I missed dark mofo last year because of surgery.......... had tickets for electric wizard, a house booked in hobart and everything. My mates that went had an absolute ball.

Dark mofo is rad.
Mt. Wellington is better on a mtb. Pedal up north west track, burn up to Summit from there on the road, head back down north west to car.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’m still upset I missed dark mofo last year because of surgery.......... had tickets for electric wizard, a house booked in hobart and everything. My mates that went had an absolute ball.

Dark mofo is rad.
Mt. Wellington is better on a mtb. Pedal up north west track, burn up to Summit from there on the road, head back down north west to car.
I’ve done Wellington to the top from glenorchy many times, such a great trail. Haven’t done the roadie climb up from Hobart before on a proper roadie though (have done it once on the hard rubbish find Peugeot 10 speed racer :)

My fitness is fucked though and it’s messed with my mountain mojo. It’s the reason I stacked so hard at Stromlo, strength and coordination crap - roadie will be the focus until I get some fitness and can better apply myself on the trails!

Dark mofo is indeed rad. Last time I was here was when Mogwai played. Amazing! Have tickets for Dirty Three and Subliminal Soundbath and something with the sigur ros guy and the TSO.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Bugger the purists. Caymen is a chassis by god, and the LS is an engineering marvel. What’s not to love?
There is room on top for a blower as well. I have seen a few 928 LS swaps and the scary thing is the Porsche V8 is a lot heavier than the LS. Guy in the states put an LS9 in one. Cranked out about 750hp at the wheels.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

Am heading out to Strathgordon tomorrow - roads by God. Damp though, so will endeavour to avoid an imminent tale of the Alfa being put in a ditch...
Did someone say Strathgordon??
Oh yeah. It's Gods own road.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Is that the road south out of Queenstown?
It is. I did it in a rental Corolla, but blissfully it was a manual. Corollas are not terrible these days when it comes to handling, but a 6 speed manual certainly makes it more “fun”.

Awesome road. The one out to Milford Sound is a blast too. Would love to ride them on a roadie, but too many tourists playing wannabe rally driver to make that fun...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I did a small section of it in a rented JDM Tarago, until I was threatened with various degrading punishments.

Would love to head back in something more appropriate.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I did a small section of it in a rented JDM Tarago, until I was threatened with various degrading punishments.

Would love to head back in something more appropriate.
Kirsty is a keeper - on the Milford Sound road we were running late for the cruise and I had the formal go ahead to “get on it”. Poor Corolla...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
It's a great road, I used to be on it nearly every weekend during winter growing up, tourists that can't drive are bloody menace on there though.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
There is room on top for a blower as well. I have seen a few 928 LS swaps and the scary thing is the Porsche V8 is a lot heavier than the LS. Guy in the states put an LS9 in one. Cranked out about 750hp at the wheels.
The LS is a masterclass in optimised design. It’s a pushrod 2 valve dinosaur on initial glance, but the attention and engineering prowess (including a lot of trick metallurgy) that’s gone into making it a formidable pumper of air and fuel is remarkable. Power to weight is good, but power to size is better - competitors overhead cam engines may be similar in grunt but they can’t match the low centre of gravity an LS grants (the corvette for example).