Can America be fixed?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm assuming all guns were 'legal' at some point, unless it's some weird home-made contraption. Not sure what percentage of gun crime is committed using weapons purchased in other jurisdictions and illegally imported.

The Christchurch nutter bought his guns legally, and surprise surprise it was the good old AR-15 type weapon once again:

Doubtful he could have done what he did if in Australia.
I still can't believe how many people that arsehole killed.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
"That’s what got us into this mess."
True that, just frustrating that he pleads not guilty putting all the relatives thru extra pain just so he can grandstand.
I like Ardern refusing to use his name.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
"That’s what got us into this mess."
True that, just frustrating that he pleads not guilty putting all the relatives thru extra pain just so he can grandstand.
I like Ardern refusing to use his name.
I get your frustration, and I wouldn’t be so dismissive if it was a member of my family....
Been I big Ardern fan for years. I hoped her example might have had an effect on our election and attitude. Alas not.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ardern needs to up her game on relations with China. She’s sold her country out a little bit for good stuff economic relations

Binaural

Eats Squid
And he’s pleaded not guilty to all charges. His lawyer obviously wants some notoriety.
"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

Jean Paul-Sartre

Flow-Rider

Burner
Make it a closed court for that Christchurch chode. With a media blackout. Fuck that guy. Let him disappear from the narrative like a pathetic puff of steam.
When I seen this thread revived I thought it would have a post about the bombed oil tankers.

moorey

call me Mia
When I seen this thread revived I thought it would have a post about the bombed oil tankers.
That belongs in Trump thread. They are blaming that, and a long list of things on Iran as an excuse to go to war. I’ve seen no evidence of it being Iran, and the Taliban have claimed responsibility for some. Pompeo is dying to start a war :mad:

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That belongs in Trump thread. They are blaming that, and a long list of things on Iran as an excuse to go to war. I’ve seen no evidence of it being Iran, and the Taliban have claimed responsibility for some. Pompeo is dying to start a war :mad:
The rednecks would love to ‘go kick some ass’

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Not to mention an election is looming. Re-election prospects are generally good for wartime presidents. All part of the Trump master plan, or is that giving him too much credit?

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to mention an election is looming. Re-election prospects are generally good for wartime presidents. All part of the Trump master plan, or is that giving him too much credit?
Its a good conspiracy. Some US black ops squad torpoedo a couple of ships with the same torpedoes they sell to Iran. Blame Iran, get your troops ready, win the election ... I suspect it’s well beyond the self obsessed trump brain, but there are plenty in the swamp to put it together and let him run with it.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I never trust the USA .
They are a warring culture and the economy depends on it.
They have cooked up so much shit in the past that this could be just an excuse to have a good fight.
Iran is not Iraq and would not be easily intimidated.
Trump has pushed them into a corner by embargoing their oil.
I am sure Saudi Arabia is pleased.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I actually think Trump is more pacificst than his mouth suggests. McCain or Hillary and I'd say, yeah Iran better buckle up.

But yeah we never found WMDs in Iraq - I'd love to see how much repatriations would amount to...

moorey

call me Mia
I actually think Trump is more pacificst than his mouth suggests. McCain or Hillary and I'd say, yeah Iran better buckle up.

But yeah we never found WMDs in Iraq - I'd love to see how much repatriations would amount to...

Who was president during the claim of WMD and the ensuing war?