What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Lady carrington? She sounds nice.

It should be good fun for sydney trails. My scout is awesome too, but it hammers my back now I’m starting to hit things harder again. I hope this is a nice inbetween, more squish than my scout but nicer to pedal than a full 160mm enduro bike.

@hifiandmtb
Ahaha!
Lady Carrington has wear long lace dresses and eat lamingtons and drink tea overlooking a large property.

140ish is a sweet spot for most stuff. A great choice. Once going double sprung then going back to a HT for general trail messing around is a tough one. I admire all who can but I will grab a dually most of the time.

I'm very happy with the TRC so far and fits well for what I need. It is on the edge of having a floaty front end for climbs but loads of fun for everything else. I don't want to be overbiked :)

@hifiandmtb yep, we have to meet up somehow.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Bikes are so capable now, I'm on a 140mm bike and I'm overbiked for 80% of the stuff I ride, but it's still fun 100% of the time.
I think my nerve to take on really chundery stuff will win despite how much travel I have :)

Am enjoying my 130mm bike and now small humps have turned into jumps. That's the fun offshoot.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Just got back from a blap around loftus on the new whip.

It pedals alot better than the scout. Sits higher in the travel and so I have alot more clearance, not as good on small bumps but better on the bigger hits, which is what was giving me grief, so it’s a win. Zero issues today hitting the descents and I smacked into some rocks pretty hard (sorry rims! Contacted metal on both front and back at the same time haha!)

The scout does corner better, and is much, much nicer to jump. Soooooo much nicer. I expected this though, so am not upset or anything. The spitfire’s a better frame for my needs at the moment, and I in no way regret my transition. If I were a healthy man I wouldn’t have retired it.

Also, the spitty has a really good balanced feel with the suspension. 36RC2 and non-debonair monarch RT3 with the banshee linkage both suck at small bump as much as eachother, and both botttomed out at the same time. it is a really nicely balanced bike.

Would I ride the spitty in an xc race? No, moorey’s an idiot. Not because the spitfire doesn’t pedal well enough, and you could make it reasonably light, I just hate xc and mooreys, well, moorey.

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
When I bought my Hightower last year it came with a set of second hand (used a few times) Carbon Bars. After a bit of abuse I decided it was time for a new set (plus got a bargain) so out with the Enve Rsr and on with a set of 35mm SC bars.

Probably good timing

Old bars were 760, new are 800. Any good tips for cutting carbon fiber down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
When I bought my Hightower last year it came with a set of second hand (used a few times) Carbon Bars. After a bit of abuse I decided it was time for a new set (plus got a bargain) so out with the Enve Rsr and on with a set of 35mm SC bars.

Probably good timing

Old bars were 760, new are 800. Any good tips for cutting carbon fiber down?

Good Guide, tape, fine tooth flesh blade, if you've got mask around some like to use it.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Good Guide, tape, fine tooth flesh blade, if you've got mask around some like to use it.
After reading this I watched a GMBN video that describes using a carbon specific blade in a hacksaw. However watching him actually use said hacksaw I reckon I could do it with one I have already.
Pity one of my copper pipe cutters won’t do the job.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It was especially good as the coffee booth thing wouldn’t take paywave and because I only had my phone on me there were two super nice Melburnians who shouted be the coffee. They were social workers so we had a nice mutual “the election was a fucking disaster” session over coffee :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So I bought some wheels from @Oddjob a couple of weeks ago for the giant hardtail and I am going to give them a clean up and fit them today but I have some questions. I haven't done anything yet but... are these fitted in the right places? Never used them before.

Definitely. Don't forget the centrelock tassles as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk