What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I
And the mask is not a maybe, it's a definitely. That dust is lethal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It is, just many don't realise or think it's a small amount that it won't impact. I've seen carbon repair guys not wearing them, blew my mind.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I too avoid the dust at all cost. Wet cutting is a good idea as it keeps the dust down.

However, to put things in perspective, raw carbon fibre is extremely hazardous because of the "loose" fibres. Once carbon fibre is impregnated with resin and bonded into a structure, the dust is unlikely to contain loose fibres and is far less harzardous. I would still avoid any exposure like the plague.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Went racing again today in Castlemaine. Took the young bloke along with his new bike in tow. Near on 5hrs of driving for the day for an hour's racing
crap that’s a long way, did you like the trails?- i’m thinking of hosting a 3hr/6hr there sept (keep this under your hat for now) jnr 3hr pairs will be a goer

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
crap that’s a long way, did you like the trails?- i’m thinking of hosting a 3hr/6hr there sept (keep this under your hat for now) jnr 3hr pairs will be a goer
The Goldfields stuff is pretty much the closest stuff for me if I want to race. Happy enough to drive somewhere for good racing and good trails. It's actually the first time I've ridden the Walmer State Forest as it's close enough to Harcourt/Bendigo that I usually go there. But the trails today were really good, quite impressed. Traditional MTB single-track with a mix of rocky rooty sections and loamy natural cut. Interspersed with bits of fireroad to allow passing.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Hmmmmm, 3hr hey? I'm already planning to do the Echuca 3hr

Bet it clashes with the Coomie 3hr

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Didn't Echuca just have a 3hr not long ago? Nearly went up for it.
It was early April, a number of our guys and girls went down. Mrs George was hoping for a weekend away for her birthday, told her next year. September would be a good separation for @Daniel Hale to consider.

I was more thinking if I was already travelling to Echuca, then Castlemaine wouldn't be much different.