Another 'which new bike' thread... Norco, YT, other?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Since when does commencal out cool banshee and kona?

Actually no, kona aren’t cool. Everyone remember that guy with pads over jean shorts, that terrible bell fullface with speed dealer sunnies trying to pedal a stinky up hill?
They’ll never come back from that.

Banshee>commencal. That 29’ legend dh bike is one of the best looking bikes ever.
It’s not hard dude:

1. Connor Fearon rides Kona, this Kona is ice cool.

2. Moorey rides an Orange, thus Moorey isn’t cool.

3. Moorey rides a Banshee.

4. Kids are without fail cooler than their parents.

5. Moorey’s kid rides a Kona.

These facts, even ignoring commencal, dictate that the order is ass-about.

Simply - Kona is cool, Banshee is less cool.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@creaky
Please

1. Connor would make any bike look cool. The dudes a legend (winning an enduro race on a hardtail? Beating troy brosnan! Thats one awesome dude my dude. Not to mention his gamble segment)

2. Do we even pay attention to moorey anymore? He’s basically just here to ruin WTB threads by talking about his spawn.

3. See point 2 about moorey

4. See point 3 about moorey.

5. Young Felix, like Mr. Fearon, would make any bike he rides cool. He is, in fact, the cool one, not the bike.

We are judging the bikes coolness, not the paid shills riding them.

Goudgey

Likes Dirt
A wealth of interesting discussion and I’m intrigued about this Moorey character.

Anyway, recon I’ve narrowed it down to 3 bikes at this point (discounting some of the more exotic suggestions such as Banshee, Commencial and Whyte due to limited availability) in no particular order:

Norco Sight A2
YT Jeffsy AL Comp
RM Altitude Alloy 50

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A wealth of interesting discussion and I’m intrigued about this Moorey character.

Anyway, recon I’ve narrowed it down to 3 bikes at this point (discounting some of the more exotic suggestions such as Banshee, Commencial and Whyte due to limited availability) in no particular order:

Norco Sight A2
YT Jeffsy AL Comp
RM Altitude Alloy 50
Norco and RM are boring. YT looks the goods and you can resell it because people will still want to buy it.

damo666

Likes Dirt
I was tossing up between the Norco & Rocky 29ers a month or so ago.

Went the Norco based on price and availability - extremely happy with it, rides very similar to a Santa Cruz Hightower at about half the cost.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the carbon one, so it is a little lighter.

It is in the high 13.xx kgs range, so it's not XC light but certainly not heavy. I have 2.5 Minions, steel bars etc with no regard to trying to get it light, and is about what I'd expect from a pretty burly mid-travel/"all mountain" 29er.

It climbs much better than the Canyon Strive it replaced, I think the reports of pedal bob relate to the previous generation of the Sight?

When comparing it to the Rocky Altitude most reports showed the RM was about a kilo lighter, but was much more nervous when descending.
I wasn't after an XC bike so am pretty happy with the Norco.
Thanks mate.

I was looking at the aluminium 29 in a2.

The carbon would be a dream I’d reckon...

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Rocky Mountains are very nice bikes. Capable. Adjustable.
Local dealer here sells hundreds of 'em.
But every time I've had a serious look they were the worst vfm by light years

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Norco Sight A2
YT Jeffsy AL Comp
RM Altitude Alloy 50
At the end of the day I'd argue buy the one you like the best. This seems obvious but I in my opinion folks overthink this stuff going into the nitty gritty a little too much. Oh this one has 64.76 degress of head angle versus that one which has 64.67 oh my god the choices. In all ahonesty at the point you are at the moment you won't notice a lot of that stuff. Maybe in the future if you get really into it etc then you might start looking at all that stuff super closely but until then don't sweat it too much. Buy the one you like the look of the most on be done with it. I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that the of the top 50 bike manufacturers out there no one is making really terrible bikes. With the stiffness of the competition and the size of the market these days they can't afford to. All the bikes you are looking at are solid choices. Pick the sexiest and love it!!!!

P.S. The only piece of advice I would give you is if you are between sizes go up!!!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
For those still reading along at home, I took EsPeGe’s advice, stopped sweating the small details and settled on the bike that I liked the look of the most and picked the Altitude.
Looking forward to taking it on its maiden ride soon.
Yee Haa!
Get after 'dem trails Goudgey ;)

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For those still reading along at home, I took EsPeGe’s advice, stopped sweating the small details and settled on the bike that I liked the look of the most and picked the Altitude.
Looking forward to taking it on its maiden ride soon.
Nice mate. Post some pics when you get it!!! Enjoy!