Sick Bicycle Co. Deathwish

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's not great... Have you heard anything back from them yet?
The second frame is perfect.

I did hear back briefly but it was 2am over there.

He'll get back to me tomorrow. He wanted photos of the pivot and bearings.

I thought I could loosen the pinch bolts holding the bearings and centre it, but I don't think this is the case.

I'll see what he says tomorrow. My dealings thus far with him have been top notch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
That's good to hear. I've just paid a deposit for a hardtail frame and communication has been excellent.

Glad to hear (at the moment) it's not just for trying to pick up the sale.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That sucks mate. Always takes the gloss off a new emotional purchase when things aren't what they should be.

How's the frame apart from that from what you can tell so far? What's the finish like?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That sucks mate. Always takes the gloss off a new emotional purchase when things aren't what they should be.

How's the frame apart from that from what you can tell so far? What's the finish like?
Yeah bit of a downer.

Prior to noticing the skewed triangle I was stoked with the quality of the paint work, engraved logos on the top tube and under the bottom bracket, the abundance and quality of axles and spare hangers.

I was surprised to see it also included a chain guide.

I guess I'll know when I wake up tomorrow how he can sort me out.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I heard back from Marino.

He is really looking after me. Sending out a replacement frame and will let me know how to fix this one so that I can ride it until the new frame arrives.

Aside from the disappointment of receiving a product that didn't meet expectations the way he has handled this is top notch.

Litenbror

Eats Squid

He is really looking after me. Sending out a replacement frame and will let me know how to fix this one so that I can ride it until the new frame arrives.

Aside from the disappointment of receiving a product that didn't meet expectations the way he has handled this is top notch.

If your keen to move the original frame when the new one arrives I'll put my hand up.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

The Peruvians are always known for their customer service.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of bending?
Yeah pretty much.

It's steel so can be manipulated relatively easily without compromising it.

First i centred the seat stays but I threw out the shock mount and rear wheel alignment in relation to the top tube. So I had to get it back so that the non drive seatstay just clears the seat tube with about 1mm to clear to keep everything else in line.

It is only like this when the shock is at full extension. Once it is sagged the clearance increase s drastically.

We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to the replacement frame.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Looks good! I was so so so so so so so so close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Moving back to Tassie has really highlighted the need for a sled like this.