Is this warranty?

toodles

Wheel size expert
Yeah I'd love another Turner but the doc says I'll have to go on a dialysis machine if I sell my other kidney...

wombat

Lives in a hole
toodles said:
Yeah I'd love another Turner but the doc says I'll have to go on a dialysis machine if I sell my other kidney...
That's your excuse? Pfft! Just get Grip to make a custom dyalisis machine mount for the turner :)

toodles

Wheel size expert
wombat said:
That's your excuse? Pfft! Just get Grip to make a custom dyalisis machine mount for the turner :)
Oi you can't make a post until you've had a rant about flexy Norcos. Or said steel is better. Or bad warranties.

wombat

Lives in a hole
My bad, but now that you mention it, I had a similar warranty issue. It was only a few days ago that I was pushing around my Norco Dialy-squatch machine when I hit these tiny little doubles; It was all sweet until I landed and the front end of the aluminium machine flexed so much that I popped a tube and ended up face planting in the dirt. My Dialy-squatch then bounced out onto the road and was hit by a truck. I'm so going with steel next time.

So, do I qualify now?

Dane

Likes Dirt
wombat said:
So, do I qualify now?
I don't think so. Seems to be a distinct lack of exclamation marks and spelling (and gramatical) errors.

Last edited:

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat
So, do I qualify now?

Dane said:
I don't think so. Seems to be a distinct lack of exclamation marks and spelling (and gramatical) errors.

And the believabilty factor is way too high on Wombat's story too. Lift your game, mate ;)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Ok :eek: , so when I say "truck", I mean tank, and when I say "hit", I mean blown up....
But if it was steel not aluminiininum it would've been OK!!!!!!11111!!!1one!!11

dj jedijunglesnow

Likes Dirt
Ha Ha Ha!

You know what? I used to be Australian warranty manager for Burton Snowboards and I think that this is one of the most amusing threads I've seen yet!

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
dj jedijunglesnow said:
Ha Ha Ha!

You know what? I used to be Australian warranty manager for Burton Snowboards and I think that this is one of the most amusing threads I've seen yet!
Mate... you aint seen NOTHING. Type the word warranty into the search function... or better yet maybe someone will link up a particular WILSON thread for you to read.

Last edited:

dj jedijunglesnow

Likes Dirt
Grip said:
Mate... you aint seen NOTHING.

...yeah farkin wise I know you'd be right, but imagine working for the no.1 snowboard company that also offers a 48 hour worldwide warranty turn around in a land with more rocks than snow. A few dodgy claims? Mmmmmmmmm.....

Sorry but for the rest of my life the "w" word will always make me smile.

dj jedijunglesnow

Likes Dirt
Yeah I've seen that one before and it is a classic. Wilson's a pretty typical case of parents complaining on behalf of their kids. What he doesn't take into account when he goes on about about the manufacturer's claims of what a bike is built for and the shot's of pro's riding them, is that he is trying to justify these claims against inexperienced kids with rubber limbs, rubber joints, no fear and also no real experience or technique.
It's true what (can't remember now) says, "all u can do is up grade the parts u break to make the chances of breakage less". No matter who you are or what you do this is reality.
Did you keep or upgrade to lights those reflectors that came standard with the bike for your night riding ?

Last edited: