New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
.....Maybe I’m just super optimistic but I’d love a chair there.

On another note, Is there any talk of camp grounds there etc? That would be sweet. I could head up midweek in my Hiace camper if they did that.
I share your optimism. Given its 30 minutes drive from my place, I could go up in the afternoons after work in summer and run a few lifted laps and still be fresh for work the next day!

Camping will likely be easily catered for as mentioned with what’s existing, but I see this as a more deluxe cabins and apartments kind of deal with something to suit every budget. If they end up running big events here then there needs to be enough for the crowds of riders and spectators that will be part and parcel of the attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just wait til it crowds out with families and family friendly everything. Trails jammed up with those arsehole parents whole trickle along behind their offspring, filming the little treasures for insta-fame.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Are you guys insta-famous and 'tube ready? I've got sponsorship dollars to burn!!
Not sure we are Quote at influencer levels but I was famous enough to get my old account hacked and stolen by Russians. It’s taking a while to build up the follower base again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure we are Quote at influencer levels but I was famous enough to get my old account hacked and stolen by Russians. It’s taking a while to build up the follower base again.

Sounds like you need to buy some bots...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
we would love to collaborate with you on our next bitcoin investment, get free swag by tagging us #meninthongs or Hit up our DM’s to get some insider deets #investmentfeelsinmykidneys
Yeah I feel like we could really make something amazing happen

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Got an email asking for me to send them money.

This seems to be their proper website, at least that’s sorted:

Whoever the frother is who wrote the promotional material, install spellchecker & hold back a bit, you’re dribbling.

Plus, why would we get excited if Rachel Atherton crosses the finish line? This is Straya - what about Tracey, Conner, Jack or Troy?

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A business asking for money? What are they offering in return? Frothy vibes? Not to hate on these guys specifically, but that go fund me mentality from prospective business operators is something I don't like. Now if they are asking you to become an investor...that I can dig.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plus, why would we get excited if Rachel Atherton crosses the finish line? This is Straya - what about Tracey, Conner, Jack or Troy?
Agreed that's ridiculous we have current no 1 plate holders in men and women!

Besides - unless I'm mistaken they have not even close to elevation required for WC DH, EWS maybe but take a bit to oust Derby for Australia round, UCI XC, hmm possibly and there is nowhere in the world that has all these events not even Whistler!

Skywalker

Likes Dirt
A business asking for money? What are they offering in return? Frothy vibes? Not to hate on these guys specifically, but that go fund me mentality from prospective business operators is something I don't like. Now if they are asking you to become an investor...that I can dig.
They are offering discounted day passes and packs containing hats etc - dependent upon how much you fund them. Fund over $100 you go in the draw to win a $10,000 Pivot. So no, they aren't just offering frothy Vibes lol

I got no problem with them trying to raise funds this way. Be happy we may actually getting a "world class" mountain bike park with 7 days a week shuttles near Sydney.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
There's no transparency (that I can see) on how the money will be spent.

"Give us some money & we will do something with it" is the motto.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
But I have already given so much to Israel's plightful cause, and now I have no money left....just waiting on a return on investment.
I will sit on the fence for a few weeks for this one, see how much the taxman likes me,I would love to wear my frothy boonie with pride!
P.S..just tried to pull up the merch page, seems to have mysteriously dropped off the radar....but how will one purchase all that promotional gear you ask?
me wonders just how deep these dudes dipped their toes in