What is a good one bike solution?

takai

Eats Squid
Thinking of downsizing to a 1 bike stable from my ageing collection of a 26” 160mm enduro, 29” steel hardtail and an old 26” DJ hardtail. I feel like frame designs and pedalling efficiency have come far enough that a 1 bike is workable, especially as I’m getting old and creaky.

Thinking a cheaper upgrade option may be a Banshee Spitfire frameset and transfer the enduro parts over for the interim and go 27.5” later on.

Any other suggestions?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Thinking of downsizing to a 1 bike stable from my ageing collection of a 26” 160mm enduro, 29” steel hardtail and an old 26” DJ hardtail. I feel like frame designs and pedalling efficiency have come far enough that a 1 bike is workable, especially as I’m getting old and creaky.

Thinking a cheaper upgrade option may be a Banshee Spitfire frameset and transfer the enduro parts over for the interim and go 27.5” later on.

Any other suggestions?
Spitty works for me. Mid travel trail bikes are pretty solid.

And keep the dj bike!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
140mm, light and playful for sure. Played with geared slopestyle bikes, the trail bike choice works for more things, just firm it up for skill parks/bmx and jumps.

The real question, is to mullet or not to mullet said trail bike.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
140mm, light and playful for sure. Played with geared slopestyle bikes, the trail bike choice works for more things, just firm it up for skill parks/bmx and jumps.

The real question, is to mullet or not to mullet said trail bike.
Always mullet!

And keep the dj bike

takai

Eats Squid
Perhaps the long game is increasing again, but realistically I don’t ride enough anymore.

The MCR pedals nicely but feels sketchy when I’m feeling lazy (most of the time). The DJ bike is just ageing (2005 pikes etc) and the Polygon AX is excellent at descending, but damned if I want to point it up hill...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Commencal Meta TR or Cotic FlareMax would be my one bike solution.

If you go the Spitfire route, I'd still keep the MCR though..

safreek

Perhaps the long game is increasing again, but realistically I don’t ride enough anymore.

The MCR pedals nicely but feels sketchy when I’m feeling lazy (most of the time). The DJ bike is just ageing (2005 pikes etc) and the Polygon AX is excellent at descending, but damned if I want to point it up hill...
Probably better off sending me the old pikes, no one wants them sort of thing anymore. I would look after them like a grandchild