What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode Candlebark and some (new to us) trails not far from there, and they were great fun, so will be going back there for more, for sure. The new bike is so much fun.

The lightweight ztto cassette has enhanced the responsiveness of the bike for sure. It just gets up and goes better, pops off stuff better and feels more playful and less sluglike. I’m glad I did it for sure. The big but though is… the shifting is not as good as the NX. I thought it was, but I had to dick around with the lever adjuster a bit, to get the upshift versus downshift balance to be workable, and even then it was not perfect. Back pedalling issues were non existent, it was the shifting that was sub par. I might try a different chain.

Other than the shifting, I’m very happy with the bike in every sense now, and although I can ride it as it is, it would way better to sort this last niggle out.

Regardless, it was a lovely day out.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Little bit of grand lunchtime faffery.
Yeah, I snuck in a LTR too.

I'd been Cyclingdeal shopping this morning too, and picked up a few bits and bobs including a YBN S12 12 Speed chain to try out on my new ZTTO cassette which was changing gears very ornerarily. I was going to order a ZTTO chain to see if that improved things, but a few internet people were saying they were just rebranded YBN, so off to Cyclingdeal I go. Anyway, it definitely shifts better, I wouldn’t say it was perfect, but definitely an improvement. Just looking at the YBN, it makes the NX look pretty agricultural. Anyway, fingers crossed, it keeps on keeping on.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah, I snuck in a LTR too.
Lunch time rides are an honour and not to be taken lightly. Get out and enjoy because you won't have it forever.

I'd been Cyclingdeal shopping this morning too, and picked up a few bits and bobs including a YBN S12 12 Speed chain to try out on my new ZTTO cassette which was changing gears very ornerarily. I was going to order a ZTTO chain to see if that improved things, but a few internet people were saying they were just rebranded YBN, so off to Cyclingdeal I go. Anyway, it definitely shifts better, I wouldn’t say it was perfect, but definitely an improvement. Just looking at the YBN, it makes the NX look pretty agricultural. Anyway, fingers crossed, it keeps on keeping on.
Might take a bit of time to wear in? Saying that, my new fangled 1 x 11 is quite nice and shifts damn well. The lack of noise is nice and i'm not dumping on the loss of the front derailleur keeping it quiet but the clutched rear mech definitely helps keep things straight and under tension. I will never get used to the bendy looking chainlines in the highest or lowest gears though - looks like crosschaining to the extreme.

Hope it all works well for you.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Had a roll around the Youies and tested out a fix that I slapped on the derailleur this morning to stop the chain jumping off the lower jockey wheel. 3M rubber tape in the gap. Perfect size for the job!

Last ride out there it dropped on the rock gardens on Cressy and Junction. Today, neither! I also emailed World Wide Cyclery about it and received 4 of their spam emails, but no reply to my actual email just yet...

Anyway... I also tweaked the seat height mid ride, before this bitch of a fire road climb. I forgot to when I rebuilt it again...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Always looking for somewhere different to ride, and today it was Trailforks to the rescue. So, we rode Rokeby, for the first time, which is only an hour from home. Just natural bush trails, all starting and/or finishing on a rail trail. Lots of meandering, and taking one fork, then backtracking and taking the other fork. Loving the new bike. There was some fear and loathing with the wide bars and some very tight switchbacks between trees, but I think I’ll persevere. Had to park a few times as there was a few horse riders. Anyway, it was a lovely day, and it’s always good to ride somewhere new.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Always looking for somewhere different to ride, and today it was Trailforks to the rescue. So, we rode Rokeby, for the first time, which is only an hour from home. Just natural bush trails, all starting and/or finishing on a rail trail. Lots of meandering, and taking one fork, then backtracking and taking the other fork.
Love a new trail. Looks a bit Blair Witch in those parts sir :)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Always looking for somewhere different to ride, and today it was Trailforks to the rescue. So, we rode Rokeby, for the first time, which is only an hour from home. Just natural bush trails, all starting and/or finishing on a rail trail. Lots of meandering, and taking one fork, then backtracking and taking the other fork. Loving the new bike. The was some fear and loathing with the wide bars and some very tight switchbacks between trees, but I think I’ll persevere. Had to park a few times as there was a few horse riders. Anyway, it was a lovely day, and it’s always good to ride somewhere new.

View attachment 354293
Loving the legendary Trailmix kit. Reminds me of good times at Lysterfield.