MotoGP 2019

Poor Jorge, you see so many riders slide off in that fashion and get up looking for the bike to keep lapping.

He seemed to be struggling with the Honda, a couple to stacks, injury, more time of the bike. Maybe he's come back grabbed the bull by the horns and been bucked off.

He's super competitive but I'll wager that's him done. Sure he'll ride again this year but I can't see him at his age coming back from this injury and be willing to put it all on the line.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Not MotoGP but a fascinating analysis, and the professional rider is eloquent in the extreme:

I watched that recently - very entertaining.

Until you see/feel/experience what the real pros can do on a motorcycle, you can be forgiven for thinking they are just "a bit faster" than the rest of us. The truth is the ones that really have speed are absolutely on another level. It's difficult to comprehend in the flesh.

I've had a few up-and-close experiences at the track with "that other level" of racer, but one has stayed in my mind as clear as the day it happened.
I did a track day at Brands Hatch years ago. They had the full GP circuit open too - phenomenal place on a bike.
I was there all day, session after session, slowly getting faster. Gathering intelligence from the locals etc etc.
I felt like I was really starting to put a half-decent lap together (for a weekend warrior like me)....but I'll never forget the mid-pack BSB racer go past me up the hill out of the left hander. It was mind altering how fast he went past me - smoke pouring off the rear tyre, bike squirming around under power. It took my breath away under my helmet!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I have not seen the race but assume it was similar to a Mick Doohan at his best dominance session with a repsol at the front?

I liked it when it was Mick... even though it was boringly predictable.
So true...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Weirdly I was thinking exactly that tonight during the race, too. Except it was awesome when Mick was the man.

stirk

Burner
Mick is the humble man and after such a massive recovery after his horrific crash every win was a triumph of his spirit or should that be determination!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
He was like MarkyBoy, by far the best rider at the time. If he hadn’t trashed his leg early on, he would have won more titles. But then again, we wouldn’t probably have the thumb brake either.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Marquez's skill & control is freakin' amazing and I think he will continue to dominate for many more seasons.
But to really prove he is all-time, hall-of-fame, best-of-the best I would love to see him compete (and win?) on at least one other manufacturer before he goes past his peak.
Obviously he ain't switching teams any time soon....but I hope he does one day. No doubt he'd be competitive on a postie bike!

Marquez's skill & control is freakin' amazing and I think he will continue to dominate for many more seasons.
But to really prove he is all-time, hall-of-fame, best-of-the best I would love to see him compete (and win?) on at least one other manufacturer before he goes past his peak.
Obviously he ain't switching teams any time soon....but I hope he does one day. No doubt he'd be competitive on a postie bike!
if he were to switch manufacturers it'd have to be to satisfy some urge, some question in his head or fuel a fire that is at risk of losing its intensity

because if anyone could write their own paycheck it's MM at honda