What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Everytime I go to an observatory I want to buy a really good telescope but I know it is a waste and wouldn't get used enough to justify the eye watering cost of admission.

Last night with the smaller group we looked at 13 objects. Alpha and Omega Centauri, globular clusters, white stars, yellow stars etc and a nebula. Then finished with Saturn and Jupiter and the moon. Jupiter was flashing three Galilean moons and the spot and lines.

Oh and that moon photo was taken with the phone focusing on the telescope eyepiece so cheating a bit. Astro shots will have to wait until I get home to process the raw files.

Pretty chilly camping at 1C but the night skies are superb.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Everytime I go to an observatory I want to buy a really good telescope but I know it is a waste and wouldn't get used enough to justify the eye watering cost of admission.
I have passing interest in looking up too. If you ever get he chance then the South Pacific Star Party is worth a visit. You can get to see all sorts of homemade and professional gear in use. It is at Ilford in NSW each tyear http://www.asnsw.com/node/712

I have a small Celestron Nexstar for backyard viewing. not a big one since I can't fight the city light pollution but it does punch above its weight.

Pretty chilly camping at 1C but the night skies are superb.
Still skies and no mosquitoes. Damn cold though.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This is why you can’t have nice things. Or even a Polo. Other humans don’t give a shit.
Geee, really sorry to see that. Hope it gets resolved without too much cost to you.

I was going to commend you about the cool Cell and AM antenna shots but have lost my way now.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Hahahaa!!!

BS & radio tower at Arndell Pk (next to Prospect Reservoir).

Random Frenchman glanced off the Polo on Cumberland Hwy after I decided to stop at a deeply orange light. We were nice to each other though, he did well not to simply ram into the back of me.

Our automation program is finally running somewhat smoothly so a good day overall. Back at Mona Vale tomorrow...

P.S. That factory complex next to Prospect Hwy is insane.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
My day was going much better than someone else's!
I'd be gutted too If I spent all that coin on a poverty pack RR Sport and had to look at a RAV out front and a Commodore in the rear view mirror...at least the guy that totalled the Merc gets to upgrade his little sisters car to something proper.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Two days ago I had an oncoming car cross over the double yellow and join me in my lane. Had to take extreme evasive action and use up all of the road verge to effectively make an extra lane. There was only centimeters in it. I always left foot brake and cover the brake when on oncoming car is approaching. I also drift left in my lane to give me as much room as possible. All of this contributed to avoiding a very bad head on.

Also, although I find the AMG stuff on the Merc a bit of a wank, particularly in Oz with our pedestrian speed limits, I can honestly say the big rubber, brakes and suspension are good to have when you need them.

Stay safe out there folks and drive defensively.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That sounds like a close call man! Well done on staying alive. Are you going to be able to wash the stains out of the driver's seat? Or will you need to buy a new one?