Polygon Siskiu N9 - anyone ride one?

Crunch

Squid
As per the title, does anyone have one? Thoughts?

I'm trying to work out if they're any good. Reviews online make them sound like great value and extremely capable bikes with decent geometry and build quality. But I'm not sure if that's just the marketing engine at work.

If anyone has one that they bought for personal use (and not one that was supplied by a sponsor for review purposes), I'd love to hear about it.

T.3

Likes Dirt
As per the title, does anyone have one? Thoughts?

I'm trying to work out if they're any good. Reviews online make them sound like great value and extremely capable bikes with decent geometry and build quality. But I'm not sure if that's just the marketing engine at work.

If anyone has one that they bought for personal use (and not one that was supplied by a sponsor for review purposes), I'd love to hear about it.
Not yet but I have one on pre order due on the 24th January. You're having the same trouble as I did probably, very little on line about them, even less so from owners.

The combination of the discounted pre order price and then a further 150 dollars off in the boxing day sale got me off the fence I'd been sitting on.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Solid frame and good spec.

The only downside about the polygon stuff is the wagon wheels in the larger sizes and no choice for the 27.5....

ttnguyen133

Likes Bikes
I have the Siskiu T8 and met a fellow rider at Bright and Falls Creek who was riding the N9. Hes also got the Collosus and was happy with both of them.

Crunch

Squid
Not yet but I have one on pre order due on the 24th January. You're having the same trouble as I did probably, very little on line about them, even less so from owners.

The combination of the discounted pre order price and then a further 150 dollars off in the boxing day sale got me off the fence I'd been sitting on.
Indeed, that's the problem I'm having. On paper they look great value, but I have no real rider experiences to go by. Maybe I should just buy it and find out?

It's either the Siskiu N9 or the Canyon Spectral AL 6.0, but that thing isn't available until late April. Hmmmmmmmmm

Reactions: T.3

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
ttnguyen 133 I think you met Geoff from darwin with his mad multicolour antisuncancer shirt.
Anyway his Siskiu was impressive performance and value.
i did Falls and Bright 2 days w him but had to work the others.
he was a glutton for punishment and rode 8 days in a row including 4 at Yack.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
He came back in April for more and the Polygon N9 was still good.Great value .
He put a Fox 36 on it too.

T.3

Likes Dirt
anyone have updates on this? My friend is looking at getting one.
Ive had mine since February and put a few hundred kms on it including a trip to Thredbo. Its been faultless so far. The fork feels like its got better with age.

The stock wheels have a really thin sidewall. I put a set of Spanks on it that I had on a previous bike so the stock wheels are unused so I don't have any actual ride time on them though. Brakes have a pretty wooden feel and I swapped out the stock stem as it looked flimsy.

I had a small warranty issue straight up that whilst got resolved in the end was handled quite poorly.

Before your mate goes ahead and orders a N9 check out Canyon, Strives are on sale at the moment with free shipping. For about the same money or a bit more I'd take a Strive.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
What about the frame and suspension itself, tbh I find that unless you're buying a 6k bike the spec will always have a few things you want to change for personal preference. I got a stem that I can give to him and he has a tendancy to break wheels so we'll just wait for that to happen.

T.3

Likes Dirt
The suspension feels really nice. I didn't have a lot of expectations regarding the Rhythm series fork but it has honestly been awesome and feels like its gotten better as the more I've ridden it.

It climbs ok, keep in mind its got 160mm travel both ends and its no featherweight. My wheelset might be helping in this regard. Bear in mind you will need tape, valves and sealant to set up the stock wheels too as they aren't included. The Magic Mary tyres aren't the fastest rolling out there but I reckon the grip is superb so I've put up with the weight and rolling resistance.

The paint seems to be quite thin and chips easily. Matte finish paint isnt real easy to keep clean either.

Fazli

Cannon Fodder
Hi all, I come from Singapore & I own the Siskiu N9. Have it in Medium 29". This bike is my first full suspension bike which I believe is worth my S$4k.

I'm a heavy set guy weighing in at ~90kg standing at 175cm. Geometry & componentry of the bike is awesome. Climbs relatively well for a 15kg enduro. Lots of room for improvements to componentry but I'm very satisfied with stock parts.

The 36 Rhythm has been very supportive in taking 3-6 feet drops. The DPX2 compression is always left open even in climbs to give traction. It could use some volume spacers to improve progression.

Always leaving me satisfied after a ride & I always can't wait for the weekends to ride.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member FN2187

What about the frame and suspension itself, tbh I find that unless you're buying a 6k bike the spec will always have a few things you want to change for personal preference. I got a stem that I can give to him and he has a tendancy to break wheels so we'll just wait for that to happen.
I am updating my post your ride thread on this bike, but in summary it's easily the best bike you can buy under $4k and I would go as far as to say anything under $6k can't keep up spec wise. I'm only 2 rides in so far so take this with a grain of salt. I'm still getting to grips with the bike. Upsize the frame though. Pretty conservative reach numbers, 485mm on the XL and 465mm on the large. Very neutral comfortable riding position. Absolute weapon if you like jumping and skipping trail obstacles. Very poppy. Climbs well for a 160mm bike too. Like everyone else says, paint chips very easily. Do some paint protection asap. Polygon seem to have a pretty good reputation for build quality. My XL frame is built very well. Welds, headset, BB and pivot points are all top notch. No discernable play anywhere. I pulled it apart to check everything and rebuilt it when I got it, but it was not necessary.

Mine:

Last edited by a moderator:

T.3

Likes Dirt
Agree with everything above, I've put in a fault free 400kms on mine on a wide variety of trails. Like yogi also I didn't expect it to be as poppy and playful as it is........ But being a shameless bike whore I couldn't resist the Canyon sale combined with free shipping so snapped up a Strive.

If anyones interested in a N9, size XL with new and unused, wheels, rotors, bar, stem and grips shoot me a PM.