Regular rides

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
This seems to be the most active thread for the Canberra area so a little off topic but I was hoping for some local knowledge on sneaky camping spots in the Majura or Stromlo areas, will be rolling in late afternoon Friday and sleeping in the van hoping for somewhere we can light a small camping fire without upsetting the Federales.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
This seems to be the most active thread for the Canberra area so a little off topic but I was hoping for some local knowledge on sneaky camping spots in the Majura or Stromlo areas, will be rolling in late afternoon Friday and sleeping in the van hoping for somewhere we can light a small camping fire without upsetting the Federales.
“RUN ITS THE FUZZ”

Cotter camp grounds alright. It’s a paid site though. keep going past it and theres a state forest you’ll be able to pull over in. Keep the fire reasonable and I can’t see you having a problem.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Second Cotter, it's not too far from Stromlo and has toilets and bbq etc.

You won't be lighting any fires on Friday night though, the weather is going to be diabolical with the snow fronts coming through. Given the weather I suspect you'll be able to park up anywhere and not get hassled.

Take care on the roads, particularly from Marulan through Goulburn and Lake George.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
“RUN ITS THE FUZZ”

Cotter camp grounds alright. It’s a paid site though. keep going past it and theres a state forest you’ll be able to pull over in. Keep the fire reasonable and I can’t see you having a problem.
Reasonable is open to interpretation right?

Thanks for the advice gents, definitely hoping the rain stays away on Saturday like the forecast is suggesting.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Bollocks, we're coming down on the Friday as well hoping to escape boggy Sydney trails, that now looks unlikely, and a high of 9 degrees- time to rethink/repack the riding bag...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Probably not expecting a deluge so the trails should recover ok, just that Friday night will be stormy.

But yes, it will feel damn cold with all the moisture in the air.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Heading there now, say hi if you see someone all in black on grey bike...