What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Santa Cruz seem to have lost the “pretty” in their designs. And don’t get me started on their colour schemes. Still awesomely engineered things.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Santa Cruz seem to have lost the “pretty” in their designs. And don’t get me started on their colour schemes. Still awesomely engineered things.
Have to agree that many of the newer colour schemes are an acquired taste.

Although the real sadness for me is on the SC FB groups where it is seems almost an obsession in matching sticker kits. I'm trying unsuccessfully to get the hang of that one.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Nice work.

I was sleeping off a night at Pialligo Estate, so no riding for me this weekend!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yeah I put a few cans away last night as I had a carpark mishap that was enough damage for an insurance claim but I somehow forgot the moment I started getting ready to ride. I was slow uphill :)

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Rode with @Litenbror and @nzhumpy and my mate Tom today. It was total fucking evil cold. But it was also sticky. We were gonna try Sunset Blvrd @Haakon and @Tubbsy but the 30km headwind pointed us back to the front of the mountain. Beers after were all that kept us from freezing solid
T'was a good ride, timed the run home perfectly- started raining 100m from the front door of the FiLs place, it would have been proper cold being soaked through.

Other things I learnt today- The NGA is rubbish for small hyper active children, although the Maori display they had was awesome for the kids.
- The Kingston Foreshore is a great little spot for lunch.
- A big greasy schnitzel, with chips salad and 2 schooners is not ideal pre-ride nutrition.
- I still really dislike the vagueness of Shimano shifting and all or nothing on their brakes.
- A full face helmet is great motivation for not hurling your lunch on the climb.
- Who ever decided to put a bar/cafe at the bottom of Stromlo is on a winner.
- Bentspoke Crankshaft is still well tasty when it's not many degrees.

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
And I still finish every ride just loving my bike. But now with long travel 29er's dominating, I need to try that caper. I'm a big boy so if I can still chuck it maybe I'll be convinced. But as an Old Crusty (TM) I'm clearly resistant and taking baby steps.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yeah I put a few cans away last night as I had a carpark mishap that was enough damage for an insurance claim but I somehow forgot the moment I started getting ready to ride. I was slow uphill :)
That wasn't your ute parked beside the Handlebar was it...that's more than enough damage for a claim.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
T'was a good ride, timed the run home perfectly- started raining 100m from the front door of the FiLs place, it would have been proper cold being soaked through.
Yeah we'd just got down the road home when it let loose. Tom was stoked to have a ride on the Yeti. He's in no rush and as the conversation we had in the carpark suggested he has so many great options.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That wasn't your ute parked beside the Handlebar was it...that's more than enough damage for a claim.
Nah mine is barely visible, ran into one of those stupid concrete balls about 40cm in diameter so you can't see them. Also your front sensors can't detect them. Also your bumper bar if you have a Golf 7 has a big bendable hollow space at the bottom that doesn't give any resistance so it's not until the ball has gone underneath that section and made a loud noise that you put the brakes on. By that time, the ball has impacted on the radiator and fucked your day.

Chief Minister Andrew Barr will be getting a letter. This ball was covered in scuffs and gouges from previous incidents. If there is no response I'm planning a guerrilla art installation.