What is a good one bike solution?

moorey

call me Mia
The weight is real though. The rear end on them has abit of chonk about it haha.

In a good way though. Very solid bikes.
It’s about 500g heavier than the Five in identical spec...but the Five is reasonably light. I reckon there’s a few hundred grams over a typical 140 alloy bike with the spitty. It’s never something I consider or care about.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It’s about 500g heavier than the Five in identical spec...but the Five is reasonably light. I reckon there’s a few hundred grams over a typical 140 alloy bike with the spitty. It’s never something I consider or care about.
Do you compensate by taking the pedals off for weigh in?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It’s not something you really notice riding, but some people care about that sorta thing.

I’m pretty stoked with mine regardless.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All my pedals are corroded in.

I guess you’re comparing all the spitfires and fives you’ve owned.
I was very tempted to get a spitfire last year. They are a great looking bike with an excellent reputation, with the added bonus of a virtual pivot suspension platform.

moorey

call me Mia
Nah, from my build thread 5 years ago:

No dropper...and my spitty runs a CCDBA....there’s about 600g.
(You also say you think your scales are wrong;))
And Larson TT tyres V my minions.
Just sayin we aren’t comparing apples with apples.

takai

Eats Squid
No dropper...and my spitty runs a CCDBA....there’s about 600g.
(You also say you think your scales are wrong;))
And Larson TT tyres V my minions.
Just sayin we aren’t comparing apples with apples.
Yeah, its useful to get a benchmark. The scales are accurate though, they were new then and so unknown, but proved accurate (relatively) against other scales.
Was more saying that it wasnt as heavy as i thought it was. Still running tubes too, and HRs in that pic.

Didnt see how much the Spitty weighed, just comparison weights.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Interesting question about how much a Spitty weighs. I just weighed mine and it comes in at 12.8kg incl. pedals and bottle cage. That's actually less than I thought. It's a 2016 large with 26" wheels/dropouts, 160mm Mattoc up the front, McLeod in the rear, reverb dropper. The weight savings on mine probably come from the carbon bars, Garbaruk cassette, Formula RX brakes and the Crest MK3 wheelset with Extralite front hub and DT240S rear.

moorey

call me Mia
Jebus Georg! That’s substantially lighter than I thought one could be. If it wasn’t you, knowing you, I’d call BS.