What does your day look like?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Fuck you and your greedy conservative mates fat boy. If it wasn't for the unions there would be no workplace safety and we would all be working Saturdays as part of our god knows how many hours a week. Stop getting your opinions from Murdoch.
You and SC Black should be blown up.
union rhetoric is no better than religion idealogy

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not my day but last couple of weeks. Camper trailer trip out to Charleville, Cunnamulla and Charlotte Plains, a sheep station, and finally some time in and around Bourke. A few shots straight off the beast.

Bit of astrophotography around the Cosmos centre fire pit

And a selfie, sorry

Charleville camping area

Charlotte plains bore line

Bore at sunrise (-2C)

Outflow at sunrise (still -2C)

Some station gear

New meaning to do you want flies with that?

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Old bridge between Bourkes, sadly closed for repairs at the moment

The Darling, in need of water

Gundabooka National park

Some rock painting in the park.

Don't know what to think about the Darling River. It is low with the drought and I was one who was quick to criticise the cotton farmers and Cubbie station in particular but talking with some locals and some visitors who were at Cubbie the week before who reported it was just as dry. I am not so sure. I do think that cotton is not a sustainable crop and have thought that for a while given the water use and chemical sprays. I struggle with the history that shows we have not learned anything and have raped the area and the river several times over.

Weather was bright but cold. Luckily the astronomy followed a week or so of scattered showers and overcast skies.

Happy to be home again though.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Hmmm, were you caravanning? Where did you stay? We went south when everyone went west! I grew up seeing those guys so I wasnt interested in joining the queues. Was it bad outisde the gigs? Last year I met up with someone who waited 5 hours to buy 50L of diesel.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm sitting at the beach. There is whales, sunset, dolphins, people silly enough to swim...it's pretty good just now. Think I'll hit the skate park for a bit.

Was that desert gig Australia's version of burning man? Perhaps sunburning man?