What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ha. Mrs George grew up and learnt to drive in Adelaide. Refuses point blank to drive over there now.
My Mrs is from Broken Hill originally, she'll drive up there once every couple of years but refuses to drive certain places in the city or certain routes to get places, turning a 10km drive into a 20km drive just to avoid stuff, then whinges about the price of fuel. Strange creatures o_O

ozzybmx

I've been a TIME pedal slut for 10years now and had/have many sets... spotted the new CNC's TIME Speciale 12's a while back and had a bit of a drool but no way would I ever spend $300-$350 on pedals
Spotted they made a Speciale 8 recently and as a bonus, the CNC'd cage was smaller than the 12's, which should help pedal strikes, they were 6g lighter and half the price.
Picked a set up from HiBike on sale for 88euros ($140au) win ! Cheaper than the XC 8's

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I've been a TIME pedal slut for 10years now and had/have many sets... spotted the new CNC's TIME Speciale 12's a while back and had a bit of a drool but no way would I ever spend $300-$350 on pedals
Spotted they made a Speciale 8 recently and as a bonus, the CNC'd cage was smaller than the 12's, which should help pedal strikes, they were 6g lighter and half the price.
Picked a set up from HiBike on sale for 88euros ($140au) win ! Cheaper than the XC 8's

View attachment 354873
Is the mechanism the same? Just flat spring steel instead of round? I'm looking to update my 20yo set, hoping they haven't broken what works.

ozzybmx

Is the mechanism the same? Just flat spring steel instead of round? I'm looking to update my 20yo set, hoping they haven't broken what works.
Feels the same so far, these have adjustable tension as do all other level 8 & 12 TIME pedals. I have trashed a few with pedal strikes as the trailing hoop on the bottom is at the back when clipped into the top, a pedal strike smashes that spring hoop, but knock out the pin and a bit of vice work can straighten it pretty easy. I spent my last 4 days in Derby in Jan only able to clip in to one side on my right pedal.

My kids have 4 sets of TIME and I have embarrassingly 8 sets, got 2 spare sets now though. Consisting of 2 x XC2, 1 x XC4, 4 x XC8, 3 x MX2, 1 x MX4, 1 x MX-DH and now these Speciale 8's.

I usually buy them on sale as when you get the lower level 2's and 4's on sale price, its cheaper than buying a set of cleats only locally, I paid $45 for a set of TIME cleats 5-6yrs ago and have bought the pedals with cleats for as low as $25. Though level 8 TIME ATAC are usually over $120 a set.

In my opinion TIME are the easiest pedals to clip in, least slack, great float and most importantly, clip out quick or pop out in an emergency. The only downside is the brass cleats wear out.

ozzybmx

Just to add... probably should go on a pedal thread.

When TIME cleats wear, they are perfect for your kids. My boys only get my worn cleats, when they are new they are tight but after a couple of thousand K's they are perfect for kids to gain confidence.

My boys fluff around on the driveway doing wheelies and stuff, never has one of them flipped and stayed clipped in.

The brass consumable cleats do have an upside... where SPD steel dont do the same, putting kids off clipless.

I also use slightly worn ones from my XC race and CX shoes on my freeride style shoes.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Managed a cheeky afternoon blap before the sun went down! Found a new to me descent trail, good fun all round.

Think it might be time for a new helmet though, a few suss looking cracks and dings have appeared. 6 years is a good run, can’t complain about that.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
View attachment 354918

Managed a cheeky afternoon blap before the sun went down! Found a new to me descent trail, good fun all round.

Think it might be time for a new helmet though, a few suss looking cracks and dings have appeared. 6 years is a good run, can’t complain about that.
What size head you got?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Given all the hype I thought I might as well see whether it is worth it or not and started a build. Got most of the parts, probably going 3x9 since I have some gear in the spares box. 26" obviously. Frame needs a paint. Any thoughts on colour and process? Is it worth the trouble of powder coating. Where do I get new stickers from?

Any thoughts?